• Show
Clear All

Do you believe in God?

Yes and He believes in you..........
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Do you believe in God?

Change......Do you believe in the air, the sun, your very excestence !?! I think you do ! We take all those things for granted ! They are here....but do we question how they got here ? Mostly not......God is all around you...he is the air , the sun....and all things that you see and don't see ! We were given free will by God to do as we please....what we please is'nt always what God wants....Let's Look at nature......all things in nature are in particular order, you put them out of that order and everything goes awry ! Yes there is a God....and he seeks your love....by your own free will.....He would'nt have it any other way ! Hang in their Change ! God does love you and is watching over you ! IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Do you believe in God?

Change, another thought. There are many organizations that serve children -- kids at the library, in foster care organizations, in boys and girls clubs, in mentoring, etc. Many of them have homes that are challenging in all sorts of ways. You may find that donating your time as a volunteer helps fill the void until you find a way to fill your longing for children of your own. Children have lots of needs that a loving adult can fill. Think about it.

Comment

Do you believe in God?

Change, it's not too late to try for your biological child..
          I fell preggers with Ollie when I was 43yrs, just coz one donor let you down, you shouldn't give up your desire to have your own child..
          the suggestions of working with or adopting etc are all wonderful ideas, and would give great happiness to you and the child..
          but I understand your deep desire to carry and give birth to your own child..
          if it were not physically possible to have your own child, it would make alternatives easier to look for.
          But where you are still phsyically capable to have your own child, it does make a difference to your outlook on it.
          Don't give up, you must in your heart have desire to live as you want to be a mother, so you are looking into the future..
          but remember they don't come with a handbook and will fill your life completly..

Comment

Do you believe in God?

Whether a Higher Power exists doesn't depend on your, or my, belief. Personally, I've had the wonderful experience of believing, and had it confirmed so many times, in my life. I won't get in to religions, etc., and the whole subject is far to complicated to debate, but it is a personal opening of one's self to the possibilities. I have 2 children, 7 grandchildren, (one adopted, one by marriage). A child does not make our lives; they add to it as a blessing.
            My daughter and SIL have a mad busy life, but in the past fostered children. One of them seemed to be ours from the beginning.
            He was so terrified, so abused and neglected at 11 months when he came to us, that my daughter told us he probably wouldn't let us hold him (he clung to her like a little spider monkey). But when they arrived, and we met them on our front steps, I held out my arms and he came straight to me. Within an hour, he was standing next to Hubs chair, with Hubs spoon-feeding him ice cream. He never passes us without stopping for a hug.
            THIS is what you're looking for. Yes, there are biological desires, but it's the bond that comes between parent and child that's important. However, having rambled on all the above, the most important thing to consider is WHY you want a child? It can never be to 'fix' something in yourself. A child is a separate human being, and should never be saddled with our problems.
            As far as same sex lifestyle, it may present a few more challenges. But that's way down on the list. It's our responsibility, for life, for another life. Keep searching, get rid of your anger, and prepare youself before you take on the responsibility. Happiness to me is simplicity; no great debates, no argued issues, doing the next right thing, being in nature, giving and receiving. A quote I've used often is 'God grant me the strength to bear my blessings'. It's very true when raising children. And when I look into the faces of the ones I love, no matter their age, or WHAT they've done to try my nerves, I see God.
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Do you believe in God?

Change, I used to feel the same way about God - I didn't believe there could be a God, because no real God would allow all the bad things that happened in the world, and He certainly was doing nothing to help me out (although I kept asking time and time again). I was pissed and wanting nothing to do with religion....

It took me a long time to realize that God doesn't seek people out; people have to seek out God. Part of that seeking out was developing a personal concept that makes sense to me, and that made all the difference. I finally realized that God doesn't grant foxhole prayers - I can't ask him to help me stop drinking any more then I can ask him to give me a million dollars. What I CAN do is realize that if I want to be closer to God, I need to live the life that He would want me to, and from that came a calming peace that I never experienced before..

I'll stop there, but wanted to share what my experience was. I've come to understand that sometimes bad things happen to good people, but that isn't God's fault. The challenge is to rise above our human frailties - we can either sink into despair or meet them head-on but ultimately the choice is ours.

You sound like a good person who is stuck in a challenging situation right now. There is always light at the end of the tunnel if we are willing to look for it, we just need to make sure our eyes are open to see it.
              Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Do you believe in God?

special

hi change,i do love yur name,CHANGE, we hav to want to change to LIVE,i beleive there is a hi er power,God,he or she gave us choice,to live rite or wrong,lets face it,we live like the rest of the earth,but on a hi er level,haha,and yes i can joke about it now,wether i chose to drink or not,many people cant do what i do,it s called callateral damage,ive found lately most ofthe people arond me,arent much different,other then there the one s tht complain ? We have to see .i hope i help, gyco:welcome::goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                X