Tutankhamun has left his pyramid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried any of the non-alcoholic beers / wines etc?
    Is it better not to taste anything resembling alcohol?
    I'm not a great fan of cola etc, and it's really expensive when you buy it in bars.

Comment

Tut non al drinks is a really bad idea, 1st of all they taste awful :H but we are then just fooling ourselves instead of cutting our ties and it's so much easier to slip back into drinking the real thing or for someone to get the order wrong. Also cola & similar drinks are full of sugar and it's a good idea to try and break this addiction too as we are used to getting so much from AL. I know it's boring but try to stick to simple non sugary drinks, club soda & lime, iced tea or water & cranberry. At the moment if I go out I have tonic with lemon juice.
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Thanks Chillgirl
        Wise words evidently.
        I e-mailed Phill at baclofen4alcoholism with the same question and he told me that several companies have approached him to put banners on his site advertising non-alcoholic 'alcoholic-like' drinks. He told me that he wouldn't promote these things at all.
        "You have to lose the taste for it, and move on" is what he said.
        Thanks for the great advice Chillgirl.
        Lime and soda it is then!

Comment

Af stuff tastes WANK Tut...plus it makes you feel like you are ating bread without butter lol!

I am with Chill on this and I drink soda water and lime when I go out.

good luck mate!
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yeah I agree

Most of the stuff tastes shite, is just as expensive if not more and i still have to get rid of the empties so the same pityful looks from the bin collectors and the recycle centre

Might try the soda & lime myself when out, trying to find a suitable alternative as i'm not a fizzy drink cola type fan either

Keep up the good work Tuts, you are doing incredibly well
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

It seems that through Phill and everyone else there is a total consensus.
              Alcohol-free drinks are tasteless, expensive and just as socially embarrassing.And not helping in our quest to be alcohol free.
              My problem is that my non-alcohol drink of choice is just fizzy water. My bar doesn't charge for that.
              I just can't go in and read a newspaper and not pay for anything!!
              So I have lime and soda. Mega expensive for what it is. And, for me, not as nice as just fizzy water.
              All I'm going in for is a chat and some company.

Comment

Tut you can really push the boat out some nights and have it with blackcurrant! :H

Seriously though it seems like a big deal in the beginning but after a while its not and as you found last night nobody is really interested. I usually skip a few rounds as there is only so much water you can drink and after everyone else has had a few they couldnt care less what you are doing. I think you will also find you want to fill your time in other ways too, I now find drunk people SO boring and I was a girl who was never out my local....

The other night I went there before dinner and ordered my slimline tonic and the barman said "how long are you going to keep this up for God sake! You proved your point."
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Soda & lemonaid works for me. And seeing as I am getting a bit podgy substituting food for "other things" I've now switched to diet lemonaid. (Yes, I AM a wild woman, I know!)
                  Coco

Comment

It all sounds absolutely lovely.
                    I can't wait to go out again!!!!

Comment

One2Many
                      I always eat bread without butter. That's why I need some wine or beer to make it slip down really well.
                      Lime and soda costs more than beer. It's not fair.
                      Tut
                      one2many;930725 wrote: Af stuff tastes WANK Tut...plus it makes you feel like you are ating bread without butter lol!

I am with Chill on this and I drink soda water and lime when I go out.

good luck mate!

Comment

I bleedin HATE butter too lol...ok makes you feel like you are having sex but you have a sore on yer willy...

That better??
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

:egad: Oney
                          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

one2many;930798 wrote: I bleedin HATE butter too lol...ok makes you feel like you are having sex but you have a sore on yer willy...

That better??
                            Indeed. Never a truer word said. I think....

Comment

Oney... you've taken figures of speech to a new level :H:H:H

Tut: how about a rock shandy? I like it much better than lime & soda. Easier on the palate, I think. And the AL in it is beyond negligible.
                              I'll do whatever it takes
                              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;930860 wrote: Oney... you've taken figures of speech to a new level :H:H:H

Tut: how about a rock shandy? I like it much better than lime & soda. Easier on the palate, I think. And the AL in it is beyond negligible.
                                I dread to ask. What is that?

Comment

Working...
                                X