X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutankhamun has left his pyramid

Sure Tut.....I know cause I had to change my ways ! ha! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

I'm feeling like shit.
      Really bad day.
      I know that if I go to the pub, I'll get shit faced.
      Who would like my "can't fail, really cheap" crispy 'duck'?
      It will take up a couple of hours to make and I can eat it slowly for as many hours.
      I'm going to listen to the whole of Quadraphenia by the Who and pig out on crispy duck.
      I've got an amazing way of concocting it. No effort, and just like the real thing.
      Tut xx

Comment

Hey, Tut

What we did to your thread last night is also not the done thing

Oops... :H:H:H
        I'll do whatever it takes
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Tutankhamun;931841 wrote: I'm feeling like shit.
          Really bad day.
          It will take up a couple of hours to make and I can eat it slowly for as many hours.
          I'm going to listen to the whole of Quadraphenia by the Who and pig out on crispy duck.
          I've got an amazing way of concocting it. No effort, and just like the real thing.
          Tut xx
          I'm loving your plan.

You can post your progress as well... live commentary, if you will...
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Crying is better than numb, although in the throes of grief it's hard to be thankful for this unique gift, isn't it? The only way out is through, but...ouch. Enough. Blue Nile, a Scottish band, works for me when I'm raw and need a good cry.

On a more positive 'note,' there's an American Shaker hymn called "Simple Gifts" that helps me get to peaceful like nothing else (particularly "Air and Simple Gifts" by Yo Yo Ma and Itzak Perelman, which I listen to when running...not exactly the theme from "Rocky"...). It's not a religious hymn but speaks to something uniquely positive and human. It makes me cry too, but with gratitude and relief, both of which are in short supply at times. If you're looking for a change of pace.

Pride
            ________
            When true simplicity is gained,
            To bow and to bend we shan't be ashamed;
            To turn, turn, will be our delight,
            Till by turning, turning
            we come round right.
            AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
            "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Tutankhamun;931841 wrote: I'm feeling like shit.
              Really bad day.
              Tut xx
              Yeah, best to avoid the pub on a day like today. The duck sounds marvelous and I don't eat poultry (or mammals or amphibians, just fish, crustaceans and reptiles)

I hope you feel better, Tut. :l Where did you learn to cook so well?
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

yep the duck is marvellous quack quack
                Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                Keep passing the open windows

Comment

and so is Quadrophenia....I LOVE that album...Pete townsend is a genius
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

mama bear;931988 wrote: and so is Quadrophenia....I LOVE that album...Pete townsend is a genius
                    Indeed he is.
                    As to Quadrophenia. When the little sea overture goes into "The Real Me" I thought I was in heaven. I was probably 12 years old.
                    And still, even now, my fried egg makes me sick first thing in the morning.
                    Thank you for joining in.
                    Tut xx

Comment

quadrophenia, i used to play the end bit over and over and over again. where he goes off the cliff. love that bit of music.
                      dont know if you have seen the movie 'betty blue' one of my favorites. its a french film about a girl losing the plot. the music is by 'gabriel yared' some gorgeous stuff. and yes i played the end bit over and over and over and over again.... obsessive...?? moi..????
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Evening Tut, sorry you are having a bad day, hope you are cooking away and relieving some stress.

I've got a meeting tomorrow that I'm dreading and I'm feeling anxious so appetite has gone, dinner was some hummus and a bowl of peanuts,

I clean to relieve stress so at least the house is spotless tonight
                        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                        AF - JAN 1st 2010
                        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi all
                          It's late here. Just woke up with a pancake on my lap!
                          Been a horrible day. I confess I did get one can of lager. Yes, just one. I had to go to get the vege's for my duck (well, chicken actually).
                          If any of you are interested, I will share my little secret recipe with you.
                          The lager tasted like shit. Wished I'd not done it but I felt so low.
                          BTW PR, I work things out myself. Never use a cook book. I just go with what I think. It usually works out pretty well. My dad thinks I should have been a chef. But he would, fat thing that he is!!!
                          You eat reptiles??!!
                          Tut

Comment

My Baclofen has arrived.
                            No instructions or anything.
                            But, here we go

Comment

Hi Tuts,

Well done on just getting the one beer..i could not do that. No way i could leave a shop with just one

I know nothing about Baclofen put there are plenty of threads here on it and loads of people who will no doubt be along soon who will be able to give you tons of advice.

Good luck
                              :h
                              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Bring on the duck!

I hope this doesn't make me sound too raptor-ish, but I would love the duck recipe...

(And I don't know why the Fawlty Towers Gourmet Night episode just popped into my head.)
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X