Praying Mantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying Mantis

It's strange that I haven't seen a praying mantis in years and then in one month, I've seen two. Yesterday one large praying mantis was sitting on my car hood like a hood ornament. I thought maybe it means something, so I looked it up and this is what I found:

quick-list of praying mantis symbolism:

Stillness
    Awareness
    Creativity
    Patience
    Mindful
    Calm
    Balance
    Intuition

These traits have lead the mantis to be a symbol of meditation and contemplation. In fact, in China, the mantis has long been honored for her mindful movements.

The mantis never makes a move unless she is 100% positive it is the right thing for her to do. This is a message to us to contemplate and be sure our minds and souls all agree together about the choices we are making in our lives.

Overwhelmingly in most cultures the mantis is a symbol of stillness. As such, she is an ambassador from the animal kingdom giving testimony to the benefits of meditation, and calming our minds.

An appearance from the mantis is a message to be still, go within, meditate, get quite and reach a place of calm. It may also a sign for you to be more mindful of the choices you are making and confirm that these choices are congruent.

I guess I will take it as a message.

Everything I need is within me!

Praying Mantis

I would take it as a massage too Bright....fantastic x
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Praying Mantis

maybe it's a sign for you to reflect and spend time in prayer. Meditate....their are sites here for spiritual growth....join one. IF you don't see one.....then maybe its a sign for you to start one !
      ( But what am I.....I'm only the 800lb. Gorilla in the room ! Ha!) IAD
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Praying Mantis

Brightlite - It sounds like a really positive symbol and you got me thinking as twice in the last month an owl has appeared in front of me so I checked it out -

"The symbol of the owl also brings good luck, especially to all persons born under an Earth sign: Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn. Believed to have great supernatural powers. It is associated with wisdom, foreknowledge and perception, and is strongly associated with the spirit world."

And guess what.... im a virgo! I hope that good luck is on its way
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Praying Mantis

Totally awesome!!

I look for "signs", too. I "adopted" a song as my sobriety song. It is Amazing Grace. Since I have decided to go AF, and even when I am trying, I am amazed how often I hear that song!! Huns and I were watching a movie, and it began with Amazing Grace, right when I was having intense cravings. A sign? I'm taking it as one! You should, too!

-P.
          Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
          That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
          Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
          Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Praying Mantis

IAD Love the pic! Yes, must be a sign to slow down and be mindful.

Chillgirl, I do believe we have to take notice of coincidences. I know that you have worked hard on your sobriety and I'm sure you are due for some good luck! Also, like the owl, you have wisdom and perception. I know the Indians always chose an animal as their spirit guide, maybe the owl's yours.

Comment

Praying Mantis

Thank you Brightlite! I could sure use a spirit guide right now....

Phoenix - This is for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDSKjKgqKk[/video]]YouTube - Cecilia - Amazing Grace what a powerful song to have to mark your sobriety, it always makes me cry
              "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
              AF - JAN 1st 2010
              NF - May 1996

Comment

Praying Mantis

Actually I just looked up Spirit Guides and the animal chooses you, not the other way around. Very interesting stuff.

Phoenix that is a very moving song. I'm so happy you've reach your sobriety.

Comment

Praying Mantis

Chillgirl;926317 wrote: Thank you Brightlite! I could sure use a spirit guide right now....

Phoenix - This is for you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PDSKjKgqKk[/video]]YouTube - Cecilia - Amazing Grace what a powerful song to have to mark your sobriety, it always makes me cry
                  THANK YOU!!!! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!! :l

-P.
                  Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                  That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                  Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                  Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Praying Mantis

Chillgirl;926317 wrote: Thank you Brightlite! I could sure use a spirit guide right now....

Whoa!!! Powerful rendition, chillipeppa.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Praying Mantis

Phoenix - No thank you! When I heard this song again it made me go download it on itunes (there is a beautiful version by LeAnn Rimes) I have been listening to it this afternoon thinking how blind I was before and how grateful I am that I can now see with AF eyes
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                      X