Vent Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent Here

When the phone rings, you answer it only to hear "please hold for the next available representative"! WTF???

Calling a business, wait through 9 "if you want this press 1" options, only to find out there's not an option to speak to a live person.:durn:

Being in front of someone at the store who is blabbing on the cell phone and trying to get her money from her wallet using one hand.

Watching someone smoke in their car with children in it.

People talking in spanglish. I mean, pick one already.

Cell phones.

No toilet paper.

There's probably more but I'm tired.

SK
    AF since 1/2009

Comment

Vent Here

Great.
      Hope for the best, Ones.
      SK, I start pressin '0' as soon as I hear recordings. Usually works.
      Night all. Waaaaaaaaaay past my betime!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Vent Here

Do As I Say, And Not As I Do?

I may get blasted for posting this, but here goes anyway, because I'm venting.

One thing that bothers me a lot is hypocrisy. I know we are ALL struggling with addiction, and NO it is NOT easy, and we should all be proud of our progress and the fact that we are here seeking help.

I guess what bugs me is when people are continually on day 2 or 3, and their advice to newcomers is "you can do this if you want it bad enough" or something similar. I just don't know how much faith I'd have in someone that can't do it themselves, but wants to convince me that I can.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Vent Here

That pisses me off a lot too K9.........and a lot of the people still keep counting up AF time as being continual......all that says to me is "it's ok to slip up"........not a great example to newbies who come looking for support.
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Vent Here

OMG a Bitching thread!!

I'm sooo excited! I LOVE to complain!! But seeing as I don't have a lot of time to complain right now, I am going to 're-bitch' here and plan to return later to list new complaints. This was my bitch on the Newbie thread yesterday:

I think I really must be in a mood this morning because even stopping to get gas this morning ticked me off. Something to do with being in a hurry and how long it seems to take -- I mean is it really necessary for the gas pump to ask so many questions?

Pay here or inside? (Well, I've already put my card in - it would appear I'm paying here.)

Do you want a car wash? (Random. Do I want a tonsilectomy? A new hair color? Seriously - I don't have time for any of those things. Don't ask.)

Do you want a receipt? (OK - I guess that's reasonable.)

What's your zip code? (Really? Does it bloody matter? If I put in the code for a good neighborhood will I be charged more per gallon?)

And $45 and the tank isn't even full. Aaargh...!!!
            Coco

Comment

Vent Here

My peeves are these...

People who take other people's "inventories", or however that slogan goes.

Self aggrandizing know-it-alls.

People who cut me off in traffic, then slow down.

Comment

Vent Here

Right, Fennel. We've had so many friends killed on motorcycles we'll prob sell ours.
                Driving where you should be on a passing lane, on a motorcycle, and a speeding Mercedes suddenly cuts in front of you.
                Calling your neighbor because their big dog tried to attack your little child, and they suggest you call them when the child is outside so they can put the dog up.
                Hiring and promoting minorities to fill a government quota.
                Self-entitlement.
                Smugness.
                Religious bigots.
                Racists.
                Looking down on a culture, or nation, because of ignorance.
                Promoting ones on interest on a help site.
                Child and animal abusers.
                People who smoke or use their cellphone at gas pumps.
                People who don't used their seat belts, especially on their kids.
                People in front of you who wait till the last second to start digging through their pockets, bags, for a way to pay for their purchases.
                Oh, SO much more!! :H
                sigpic
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Vent Here

OH, and people who see you waiting for someone to back out of a space and zoom in there!
                  sigpic

Comment

Vent Here

People who hold up a line of cars in a parking garage so they can maneuver around to BACK into a parking space.
                    Coco

Comment

Vent Here

Going to the dog park and there are no dogs there!

Comment

Vent Here

K9Lover;930894 wrote: I may get blasted for posting this, but here goes anyway, because I'm venting.

One thing that bothers me a lot is hypocrisy. I know we are ALL struggling with addiction, and NO it is NOT easy, and we should all be proud of our progress and the fact that we are here seeking help.

I guess what bugs me is when people are continually on day 2 or 3, and their advice to newcomers is "you can do this if you want it bad enough" or something similar. I just don't know how much faith I'd have in someone that can't do it themselves, but wants to convince me that I can.
                        Here! Here! K-9!!!

Oh...and, what is up with all the "Christian Preaching" here lately? We do have a section on "What We Believe" and religious conversation is welcome there. People need to remember that this is Not a Religious sight, we have people from many different religions here, Jews, Muslims, Catholic, Wicken, and many others as well as those who are not religious or are spriritual. Just like "politics", and I Love Political discusion! religion should be kept to those areas of this sight that are designated for this. No offense meant to anyone here......just MY Venting!!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Vent Here

just for the record....I have been struggling since February to go AF...still not there...
                          but why wouldn;t I encurage others????
                          I don't see why supporting and encouraging others should "piss" people off.......
                          I thought that's what this site was about????
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Vent Here

Don't know about you but as an alcoholic I've been very good at telling or advising others what to do, trouble is I never would take that advice myself. Not until I hit rock bottom.

Comment

Vent Here

Hi Mama,
                              It's not that it "pisses" people off to be encouraged...I guess my point is that I would get tired of being encouraged by someone that does not take their own advice...

No offense intended.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Vent Here

coming from you...I am not offended....but so many people made comments that it started to sting...
                                I wish it were that easy...to take my own advice!!!!
                                Then none of us would have become alcoholics.....
                                I will continue to fight and I will continue to encourage others!!!!
                                I am soooooooooo happy for your success thus far:h
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X