Almost eight months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost eight months

I haven't been on here for quite some time but I felt inspired to write some words of encouragement, not that there is a shortage of encouragement here simply to add to what already exists.

It's just over a year since I found MyWayOut and signed up, and almost eight months since I fully and finally made a different choice.

I honestly cannot say what happened exactly just that I really could not see any point in continuuing to drink, so I chose sobriety over not sobriety. It sounds so simple and in a way it is, choosing sobriety, or anything else for that matter, in the moment. For me it was guilt, fear, shame, and other old patterns and memories that were the struggle.

We make choices in the moment, often without thinking, for example to breathe, we don't need permission to breathe, feel guilty about it or listen to anyone elses thoughts on how or whether to breathe we just do. We are our own counsel, so much more than the name we carry.

Each of us has our own perceptions but we are shepherded to believe that certain matters are immutable, that we are victims, we have no power, but that isn't so, all of the power we will ever need is within us. My personal perception is that drinking and so many other activities are a means of escaping from what seems to be a cruel and cold world, often the outer personal circumstances seem ideal, lovely children, home, satisfying work and so on and that makes the destructive patterns so much more inexplicable.

Deep down in all of us there is a knowing that the world and the life we are told to believe in is flawed, so what we feel is at odds with what we see and hear. The journey to freedom, for that is what this is, begins with seeking answers within yourself, trusting your perceptions, being your own guide and restoring yourself to power and wholeness. What I am attempting to say is that none of us are the drinking, the drinking is a call to change and being guided here is a means to making that change.
    I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you.

Almost eight months

Hiya Gold!

Congratulation's on your af time. It's great to see you!
    How's your garden?

Best wishes, G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Almost eight months

Hi Gold
      Like Sheri I totally agree and restoration to wholeness is now my passion
      Great for 8 months and thanks to come back and inspire - every voice is different but all just as empowering.
      Patrice

Comment

Almost eight months

Hi gold well done on your eight months & good revelent post

Comment

Almost eight months

Gold,

I needed to read your words of wisdom today. Thanks and have a beautiful, healthy day!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Almost eight months

Thank you, Gold! Just what I needed today. Congrats!!
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Almost eight months

Beautiful, Gold. Wonderful post.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Almost eight months

Hiya gold nice to hear from you and that your doing so well, keep up the great work :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Almost eight months

Hi, again Gold - good to see you again! Congratulations on 8 months AF! :thumbsup

I've always enjoyed your thoughtful and perceptive posts and this one reminds me why. Hope you and your ponies and other critters are doing well! :h
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                  X