I hate anti-smoking ads on tv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am currently trying to quit smoking. End of day 1 for me.Completely cold turkey. I have quit before for 6 months, but started again on holidays in Europe, where everyone seems to be smoking anyway.
    I am doing this, cos I jog every day now and I would like to run faster and longer.
    Now when I sit and watch tv suddenly this government anti-smoking ads come up.
    It only wants me to start smoking again. I think I have very rebellious soul.
    I hate government telling me how should I live my life and how much wiser they are than me.
    Also people who ban smoking in public places irritate me. I wonder why they don't want to ban cars. Cars exhaust fumes are much more dangerous.

Anyway I feel a little upset without my smokes today i suppose.

All the best,
    Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Those ads usually make me feel all self-righteous and I sit there patting myself on the back :H:H
    Although I've been almost nicotine free for quite a while now, apart from a few sneakie ones now and again when I was out Keep going with it though, Netty - it is so worth it - I really felt that I had freed myself from a horrible cage - such a strong dependency that I was chained to. That's how I felt anyway - just me. We are all different and that's what makes life interesting and good
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Yes, Net, it does make us want to snatch everyone bald when we give up NIC. Funny thing, it seems harder than AL, but the stigma is dif. Hang on. Just remember when your friends are going through it later.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Net - I recommend quitnet.com. Great place to hang out, lots of good suggestions, etc. Very active chat rooms to keep your fingers busy. People there from all over world, so even if you wake in middle of night with a craving, usually someone is chatting!

I quit Christmas 2009. My longest quit ever, and I can say I am SO happy I've made it this far. They have all these little sayings, the best one being: NOPE which equals Not One Puff Ever!

Good luck.
        Sometimes you have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down... Anais Nin

Comment

LOL @ NOPE... hehe, tickles me. dunno why
          AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
          X