What have you never done while sober?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never watched an episode of Sex and the City while sober. I have it on DVD so I'd get a bottle of wine (or two) and watch a gazillion episodes on a weekend afternoon until I passed out.

I don't think I can even watch it anymore. I fear it could be a trigger.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Sang or acted in front of people (at least since I was 18).
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Let's see. There are a bunch of things that I USUALLY don't do while sober, but never? Hmmm... played RockBand.
      Something that I've done plenty of times sober in the past (when I was too young to drink!), but not anytime recently that I can remember - eat dinner at a restaurant. Always have to order a drink (or 2, or 3.. ) when I go out to eat. Going to try it sober tonight though!!
      Oh, here's another. Smoke a cigar. It's not something I do often, but I couldn't imagine doing it with something non alcoholic. I don't think I'll attempt that in any case.
      And hanging out with my boyfriend's family. It's a BIG group and I'm generally rather anti social and quiet, so I've always used the free flowing alcohol to loosen up and get into chatty mode.
      Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
      ~Clutch

Comment

Break my ribs and leg (total of 14 breaks!).
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Yes Ruby, I can relate to that!

I have never had my stomach pumped sober, nor broken my ribs or my nose. Not had black eyes or slept with any creeps!

On a lighter note, I havent yet danced on a table sober although I would rather love to...... inkele:

"In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

Crash down the basement stairs, breaking the fall into the cement wall with my face.
            Driven off the side of our mountain.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Walk into a men's room and start to unzip my pants.......

Comment

Woken up filled with anxiety and dread of the things I've done the night before.

Discovered mysterious bruises with no recollection of getting them.

And many, many more things I want to forget!
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes K9. Unfortunately, seems like our past is in neon lights!
                  Never gotten those disapproving looks, asked a dozen times "Are you sure you're OK?"
                  sigpic

Comment

never fell into the corner of a wall and had to get 150 stiches in my head
                    never got mad at husband and stormed down the street in my nightgown and then not remember it the next day
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I've not had amnesia since I've been sober.
                      AF Since April 20, 2008
                      4 Years!!!
                      :lilheart:

Comment

Chillgirl;928039 wrote: Yes Ruby, I can relate to that!

I have never had my stomach pumped sober, nor broken my ribs or my nose. Not had black eyes or slept with any creeps!

On a lighter note, I havent yet danced on a table sober although I would rather love to...... inkele:

Is that you on your table chill? Beautiful dress by the way :H (and ditto the sleeping with creeps!)
                        AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                        One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Put the ice cream in the refrigerator instead of freezer.

Comment

This thread makes me realize how much I would like to know how to dance sober!

Comment

Working...
                            X