Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mags has hit Portobello Road - be gentle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    My name is Mags. Some of you have been kind enough to talk to me already. This is going to be my thread.
    Don't be horrible. I'm sure you won't. This is really weird for me.
    I started baclofen a few weeks ago.
    I'm going to put a proper 'overture' together and post it so that you know who I am. For what it's worth.
    Then I'm going to tell you exactly how I am doing.
    Mags xx

WELCOME MAGS. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR PROGRESS!!!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Way to really jump in with both feet! Hope you are doing well on the Baclofen!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

:welcome: hi Mags
        Happy you have joined us, how are you doing with being AF?
        "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
        AF - JAN 1st 2010
        NF - May 1996

Comment

Hi Mags!
          Glad to have you here! Can't wait to get to know you!
          K9
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Hello all
            I'm not AF. Nowhere near. I just started.
            Please be gentle with me, and I will post a full story of how I got here.
            Mags

Comment

Welcome Mags. Of course you're not AF. You're at the beginning pf your journey still. But you will get there. Be patient with the Bac and don't increase your dosage too quickly in your impatience to get to the "switch". I did that last fall and the side effects ("SE's") were so bad I quit the Bac and then decided to go back on it. It took me from March till now to hit the switch, but mine is a pretty high dosage (245mg) which is 3.6 ratio of kg to mg, same ratio as Dr. A when he went AF finally. When you get there the cravings and alcohol thoughts will be gone. It is pretty amazing. I am glad I stayed the course, but I almost quit a second time. Tip encouraged me to increase my dose just a little bit and that's all it took. I drank all the way up until 237.5mg. Some say it's easier if you can quit while on the Bac but I never could. I am very weak-willed, apparently.

I am sure you will be far harder on yourself than any of us will be!!

So, let the journey begin!!

:l -P.
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

hiya mags & welcome to mwo,you are not alone in this journey here and you have found a great community with lots of good advice & support,hope to see you around, :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hello
                  I'm still doing OK. Am increasing my Baclofen by 5mg three times a day every 4 or 5 days. Still biting the tablets!
                  My children have been amazing. I wish I had told them earlier. I wish I'd done and said a lot of things earlier.
                  I'm drinking about half of what i used to, and I do it slowly and openly. And it's beginning to taste far less attractive. I can think of drink now and it makes me shudder. But I still have my bit to settle my nerves.
                  Mags

Comment

Hello Mags, may I wish you a belated welcome. It sounds like you are making steps in the right direction, thats great. It is a relief when you can share it with your family.
                    Keep safe
                    KTAB
                    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hey Mags,

Sounds like you've made a great start on the bac! I really hop it works for you

When I started my journey I found that the Toolbox Thread in Monthly Abstinence was a great help. Have you checked it out yet? I think that and L-glut gave the bac a little extra room in which to do its work.
                      I'll do whatever it takes
                      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Thank you Tiptronic
                        I'm doing OK, I think. Still having the odd unpleasant dream, with a little bit of bed wetting.
                        I will go to that other thread.
                        I'm on the supplements because Phill from baclofen4alcoholism advised my son about them. And a good diet. It's all a bit here and there, but it all helps.
                        Yes, I think I'm doing OK.
                        Long way to go tough.
                        Thank you.
                        Mags

Comment

Hello
                          I'm not great. Had some weird eye twitching, with colours shooting across my eyes for a split second.
                          Also I dropped a cup for no reason. I'm at 120mg Baclofen a day now. Still drinking a bit, but in a different way.
                          Has anybody else had that eye thing?
                          Mags

Comment

hi mags, i have no experiance with bac. I just wanted to say hi, and i know you can do this.
                            the support of your kids is great, this place will help no end also. other than the meds, do you have a plan? the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html
                            has heaps of good stuff.
                            keep posting and reading.
                            asp.
                            AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Hello Mags, I have no experience of Bac or it possible side effects. I was thinking maybe if you started a thread in the meds section your question would be seen easier, good luck.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Working...
                              X