Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mags has hit Portobello Road - be gentle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PortabelloRoad;932167 wrote: Hello
    I'm not great. Had some weird eye twitching, with colours shooting across my eyes for a split second.
    Also I dropped a cup for no reason. I'm at 120mg Baclofen a day now. Still drinking a bit, but in a different way.
    Has anybody else had that eye thing?
    Mags
    Yes, I have had the twitching, but not in the eye. Also have had the weird visuals.
    How is your drinking different?
    Are you titrating up slowly?
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Mags Bac worked real well for cravings for me I'm a lil upset I had to get off of it now I have to do it with straight will power.
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

I took bac for a while but I never really felt right on it. Be very sure to titrate up slowly. And if you decide to get off it, titrate down slowly. There is a lot of information on these threads about bac and its side effects. It helped me while I was taking it because it gave me something to lean on. But when I decided I couldn't take it anymore, it wasn't like a switch was turned on and I wanted to drink again. I think I had built up some good behavioral habits by then and had gotten used to the idea that if I didn't want to get a drink when I was out socially, I didn't have to feel strange about it. Check out the Tools section. I think a combination of lots of things -- and getting support from one another -- is what it takes in the long run. And good luck to you!

Comment

Thgank you everyome.
          Ive started to go through the Toolbox part.
          Still got the twitching of my arms and the funny eye flasking thing.
          Now getting terrible headaches over my eyes. I've read that this can happen.
          Thankfullt, no more bed wetting!
          Because of all of this, my son conacted Phill and he suggested that I stay at this dose for a bit longer.
          After all, there's no massive hurry, is there?
          Taking the supplements suggested.
          My drinkin g must be at less than 25% of what it was immediately before Baclofen, and I get cravings a lot less.
          Somethings definitely happening.
          Thanks again
          Mags

Comment

welcome, mags! well done!

Comment

Welcome to this site Mags. We are here for you when you need it.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
              X