100 Days til a day of Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sick of Being Sick and I have not had alot of success recently in staying alcohol free. Well, we have made a pact to begin today and abstain for 100 days. That will bring us all the way up to Thanksgiving Day at which time we can choose individually how we desire to proceed with our lives. After 100 days, I am certain that we will be so much clearer in our thinking, feel so much better and more hopeful about our lives and for Vicki, especially, will feel so much better physically, that we will have a great chance of continuing on without alcohol in our lives. Irregardless, how very THANKFUL we will be for the blessing of having made it that far. I know that Thanksgiving Day only applies to us in the States but we would love to have as many as possible join us in our journey. Won't it be a "Thanksgiving Day" no matter where you live? We will let you know how we are doing.

Lovely, New. Keep this going, OK? Can't believe it's around the corner, though I've noticed this early the poplar leaves that are turning yellow and falling, and that the muscadines are starting to ripen, a sure sign fall is coming.
    I'll check in, OK?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Thats a wonderful idea NC!

100 days sounds perfect.

I will be here to cheer you on.
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

This is so great to read NC.
        Best wishes to you and Vicki on your journey. You can do it, and...........don't forget yer 'Toolbox' (in 'monthly abstinence' section)

I'm rooting for you! G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I wish you both much success and look forward to sharing your journey,
          For me, everyday AF is thanksgiving day
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

WE CAN DO THIS! I may be down and out, bruised and battered, but I'm climbing out of this pit of hell and I am going to get sober and I am going to stay sober! I hope everyone who is struggling to get and stay sober will come along on our journey. This letter NC wrote me made me cry and encouraged me! Hope she don't mind me sharing, but it was truly beautiful!

Vicki, I know that drinking only makes whatever I am going through that much worse. I love the self-medication but them the true enjoyment probably only lasts for 2 or 3 or 4 hours at most and then it is 2 or 3 or 4 days that I have to pay for the "enjoyment". As very hard as it is going to be for you I KNOW that you can do this.....people can do ANYTHING for 100 days. Think of us like our dear fighting soldiers over in Iraq and Afghanistan; they must absolutely hate it; horrible food, 120 degree heat with those heavy uniforms on, away from loved ones, and always in fear. But they just take it one day at a time and with God's help, they get through. We are like soldiers too....fighting a horrible enemy. But we KNOW that Jesus is our Victor and He can get us through this! I just think when we accomplish this that our brains will be clearer, our attitudes 1000th % improved and physically we will feel better than we have in a long long time. Let's stay focussed. We can do this!!![/I]
            I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

New Creation and SOBS - I will join you although I have no idea when Thanksgiving Day is!! (sometime in November??) I've been struggling a bit recently too - I have no particular reason to, but I have got a bit complacent again, and haven't been resisting temptation when it has hit me. But I've been down that slippery slope too many times before and I need to have a longer period of being AF that is measured in weeks and months rather than days. Thanks for starting this off.
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Yeah, Miss Behaving! So excited to have you join us!

Comment

I am rooting for all of you! You CAN do this. By Thanksgiving, I should be 100 days smoke-free, so I'll join you ok? Hang in there, it IS possible!!

:h
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Yes, I am IN. That will bring me to 127 AF days! And what a joyous attribute to be thankful for. Thanks for getting this started and setting this goal.
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

count me in too and rememeber you can and will do anything you set your mind too.. all but one day at a time
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Ok - just trying to work out a regular check in time for me - think I am about 12 hours ahead of NC and SOBS, so I will say hello in the mornings when you are still in the night before! If you could do the odd check on me 12 hours later (when I will be at the end of my tether at least for the first week or two!!) that would be very nice too!

anyway, all good here tonight! Had a very nutritious dinner, an hour of a DVD, an hour on MWO, and have just been delivered my before-bed lemon and honey. I dont sleep well for the first week of being AF, but I have turned my alarm off for the morning and will get as much as I possibly can. I am working at home tomorrow, so I dont have to be too stressed about getting anywhere.

Nothing is as important as beating the beast. And one thing's for sure ..... there will be no drinking for me today!! (I'm adopting the mantra/visualisation that is part of the monthly abstinence thread!!!!)
                        Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

im joining you. ive gone totally wonky lately slipping back to the drinking. this will help me to be accountable for my actions. day 2 for me. looking forward to living the sober life.
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

i am in too
                            I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round .... really love to watch them roll .... no longer riding on the merry-go-round ...... I just had to let it go

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans

Comment

I am also in for this happy 100!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X