Still A Good Feeling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still A Good Feeling

Was just talking to my daughter about her "plans" for tonight, going to her friends house for dinner and it will be over at 9:30pm or so...and I told her I'd pick her up. Not THAT long ago I would have been drunk/passed out and in no shape to drive, and I would have told her "No, you can't go to your friends house", so that I could stay home and drink. Another reminder of how selfish AL made me!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Still A Good Feeling

Oh by the way, the "good feeling" is that I can drive after 7:00pm!

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Good for you Hon, you are really doing well. Day 133 continuous sobriety. How bloody cool is that!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Ditto that! I picked my son and his girlfriend up at a movie last night at 10 pm. (I would always do the drop off, never the pick up.) I passed a cop and had breathalizer anxiety before I remembered I hadn't had anything to drink. It DOES feel good!
        AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
        "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

I have been through 3 DUI checkpoints since I have been sober...probably because I'm actually out of the house driving around after 6:30pm! And when asked if I had been drinking, I was honestly able to say "I don't drink" !!
          Sadly, rushing home to drink used to be the focus of my day. It's so nice not being controlled by the Beast anymore!

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Beautiful stuff K9. There are NO negatives in being sober.

Pride, Clarity, Freedom.

G - bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Wonderful posts niner they made me smile.
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Great stuff K9, I recently got pulled over at 11.30pm on a Saturday night and was disappointed they didn't breathylize me :H
                "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                NF - May 1996

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

LOL Chill! I hate to admit this...but once I turned around just so I could go through the checkpoint!! :H The cop asked me where I was going and I said "The gym", and he said "You're going the wrong way"....of course I was, I turned around to get in line! hehe
                  I can't help it...it made me feel good!

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

K9Lover;932075 wrote: Oh by the way, the "good feeling" is that I can drive after 7:00pm!
                    I can relate to that! AMEN!!

I didn't really think about this while I was still active in my alcoholism, but once I started to sober up I realized how unavailable I was if there were ever an emergency and I needed to drive. Heck, in the end an emergency that occurred by 8AM would have found me over the legal limit.

Glad that is behind me! Good for you getting re-connected with motherhood!

DG
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

Good on you K9...you are an inspiration~!!!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

K-9 this hit the nail on the head for me too! I am so happy to be available to family and friends, 24-7. Sadly, for all too many years, I was not available. I would not answer the phone if one of my kids called because they would know that I was drinking. I could never drive anywhere after 8PM and sometimes earlier.

Ha! Ha! I am cracking up about you turning around to go through the sobriety check point! That, my dear, is Priceless!

Freedom from alchol is truly liberating!!
                        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

K9,

Good for you!

Comment

Still A Good Feeling

I, too, can relate to what has been said here. In fact, when I get behind the wheel to drive in the evening, I automatically find myself asking, "How much did I have to drink?" before I can remind myself that "I don't drink anymore!"

Great stuff K9!
                            John
                            AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Working...
                            X