Army Thread 13 August 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AM STRESSING. going out for a meal tonight. mr spuds had some good financial news and ive got me job so posh nosh on the menu. trouble is mr spuds is already 5 pints on the way. i thought we were gong out at 7 but couldnt get in till 8.30 so im all dressed up and nowhere to go and stressing. i made a point of not getting ready till ready to go cos in the old days i would be drinking while getting ready, so here i am tearing my hair out and smoking like a smokey thing drinking my fizzy lemon stuff. cant say im looking forward to the whole flipping thing.... GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

That's crap Spuds. I couldn't do a night out with Mr JC if he was 5 pints down before we went out. Can you not drive there and back.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Saw something on the news about forest fires in Portugal but just now checked out the BBC report and they are burning in the northern and central areas. Chill is in the south. I hate the thoughts of forest fires. We have so many of them every summer here in Greece starting around the end of July and going to the end of August. Thousands of acres every year. Breaks my heart for the trees we lose and the houses that are burned but so much for the poor animals and birds that either get caught and die or lose their homes.

Spuds, how about taking some deep breaths or long deep draws on the cigs to try and calm you down. Or how about you get take-out if you think Mr. Spuds is too far gone for a restaurant. You can still wear your lovely clothes to eat at your own table. If not, do something to occupy yourself til it's time to go out. How about a stroll around that lovely garden you've got or start checking out something on internet to keep you busy. I find Google maps and especially streetview can keep me occupied for hours. Go visit the Canary Islands or Brazil or something. And keep drinking those fuzzy drinks. One little step at a time...
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

jc, its a 5 minute walk away. i was just about ok till i had the extra 1 and half hours to wait. he's not loud and leary yet but you know how it goes. i dont wanna complain as its a special night but am just a bit fecking annoyed as he knows ive been struggling lately. i confess while he was out i was rummaging through cupboards looking for some hidden AL... would i have drank it ... i dont know.. probobly yes so thank god there wasnt any. im gonna have to have a serious talk to him... not tonight obviously but this is really the last thing i need right now

Comment

Hi guys, Stirly & JC thank you for your concern, I do tend to hide when i'm down but I'm on my way back up again

Spuds take some deep breaths and try to relax, remember all the great things about being sober, not like silly Mr Spuds, you were so happy earlier and I was going to call you for some advice at work :H

JC - Dylan was an adorable big lump! He looks so content
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

stirly, he takes his beer quite well... to an extent so hes not in a state not to go. he's been waiting for this news for ages and been planning to go to this place when he got it... and todays the day. i just wish it had been planned better... ie. no fecking booze for him till we get there. only been to this place once and i got rat arsed and left half of my meal and spent stupid money on stupidly expensive wine. knocking back the l-glut as i type. and im bloody starving ive only had one bit of toast today..... not enough to keep a duck going

Comment

Good to see you Chill. Your meeting with your ex and the forest fires had me a bit worried.

Spuddie - do whatever it takes to get through the evening without Al. Concentrate on the positive. You've got a new job and Mr. Spuds has gotten some good news. Don't ruin it with AL. You'll have a hangover tomorrow and feel like shite. How about you ask him to not drink anymore during dinner. It could be done. Then he would enjoy the meal more and so would you.
                Go and eat something right now even if it's just some bread and cheese. Anything to take the hunger away. A banana, anything.
                For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

anyway ive got a new pal to look forward to tomorrow. puppy dog..... now what we gonna call her. think ill talk mr spuds into calling her scribble while hes pissed. ha thatll teach him
                  think im just gonna stay on here talking bollocks till we go .... GRRRRRRR.....

Comment

Spud - just think how much more enjoyable the food will be now you're sober, so many nice meals have been wasted on me because I was so pissed,
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

Youre in the right place for that Spuds.....Hi everyone.
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

im nibbling spicy chick peas ... yummy. dont give a feck if it fills my tum. these posh places tend to give you mini portions anyway. and ill get the most expensive thing on the menu.. wether i like it or not cos hes paying. thatll teach him for making this difficult for me.

Comment

The adventures of Scribble & Spuddle :H
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

Seriously though I dont want to sick my beak in but you are hungry, annoyed and probably still a bit emotional about Pen, the new puppy and the new job, plus you want to talk to Mr Spuds about this whole drinking palava.
                            Tread very very carefully my friend, it sounds like it could all be a very testing night.
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

hi ktab.
                              yeah ive enjoyed meals sober sooooooo much more. if i had a drink all i would be thinking about was the next drink and not paying any attention to the food... often not eating it or leaving to go to a pub where i could get LOTS of booze.... or sloping off to the loo to neck some vodka out of my bag...... no no and double no

Comment

Hi KTAB
                                I'm off to the shower, going for a pizza with my girlfriends.....
                                Spuds enjoy the posh nosh and make sure you are going to be an unhung little duck in the morning.....I'm warning you!
                                AF - JAN 1st 2010
                                NF - May 1996

Comment

Working...
                                X