Immeasurably sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immeasurably sad

HI kim, I AM SORRY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN FEELING THE SADS, but i have to agree with ZENNY, a no carb diet is well known for creating hypo glyceamia (low blood sugar) and therefore low seretonin levels in the brain. Have you ever heard of book called "Potatoes Not Prozac'' it explains the intricate relationship between food especialy high complex carbohydates and the production of mood regulating chemicals. Just a thought....hope it is helpful.....
    I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

Immeasurably sad

Hi all,

Thanks again for all your replies. I doubt the diet has anything to do with the blues at the moment, as I have experienced this throughout my life. Been on every AD available but the only one I relatively liked was Trazodone. GP won't put me back on it though.

I agree that diet contributes a lot to mood - but I have been eating really well. Nothing processed - all fresh fish, meat and veggies really.

I think what I have to do is stop trying to be 'alright' for everyone else. As Tawny and Chill pointed out, evryone is sad sometimes and it is normal to be so - it doesn't mean I am weak or anything. I just have to convince myself of that! If I can learn to accept that sometimes I will be sad and won't be the life and soul or the nicest person on earth, then I think that will help. Only problem is , it's so engrained in me that I SHOULD be a certain way that it's gonna be very difficult

Thanks again everyone for your suggestions and taking the time to reply. I am going to re-read this thread when I feel down, if only to remind myself that I'm not the only one to experience this and that there are people generous enough to try to help me out when I'm blue.
      Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Working...
      X