Disappointing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappointing

Just found out my daughter is spending the night at her friends house tonight. My first thought was "I'll pick up a 12 pack on the way home". It's been nearly FIVE months and that thought still pops into my head, that disappoints me. Of course I won't really do it, but I hope the day comes when it doesn't even cross my mind.
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Disappointing

Habit, darling. But you WON'T!! That's the growth in you!!!!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Disappointing

K9

I've been told by a few long termers that the thoughts still pop up like that for ever, just less frequently.

Comment

Disappointing

I have been told that same thing by long termers. I was hoping to hear that those thoughts would leave for good at some point. I'm starting to accept that they probably won't. I will say that in my very limited AF time, the stronger my sobriety program gets the less frightening those thoughts are. I must always remain humbly on guard.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Disappointing

Wow K9, just posted in the Nest that my hubs is heading off on his bike next week for a few days and my first thought was that noone would know if I had a drink so YEP I know exactly what you are talking about!!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Disappointing

Me too K9, that's why I have to stay busy Friday and Saturday nites, my hubby works late in the evening and AL starts his seductive talk. But Joe and I are both over 60 days AF I know you have many months AF so it great to hear you verbalizing your thoughts and NOT ACTING ON THEM!!!

Comment

Disappointing

You Know, Sometimes I'll get really stressed, and I'll think I could go for a smoke right now-
              I haven't smoked in 9 years! (some habits die really hard!)

Comment

Disappointing

in time all things change just keep on doing what you are doing and keep your guard up always .. mind games can get you when you least expect it ..... great job on staying on the path
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Disappointing

Hi K9,

For me, drinking thought's pop up now and then, but i've noticed they have become less and less of a focus in my life, as time goes on, and my life, and hence my focus, changes.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Disappointing

I know the feeling K9. When my partner tells me he will be home late from work, my immediate thought is, "Great - extra time to enjoy a few more drinks!" That is my old way of thinking and it is so hard to break old habits. Addiction really is a fascinating and complicated condition. Continued best wishes to you with your journey.
                    John
                    AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

Disappointing

way to go sweet K9!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Disappointing

K9 - the thoughts will pop up, it's how you deal with them. And you are doing great!
                        While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Disappointing

Hi K9 you're doing brilliantly.
                          I hope I can get to the place were you are one day....it was a thought and that's all which you didn't act upon, well done, keep it up xx

Comment

Disappointing

well done k9 for acknowledging it and letting it pass.
                            even aside from the addiction aspect there is habit to deal with. a funny thing ive noticed.... i have a water spray that i use on my hair in the morning (to deal with the bed hair). earlier this year i moved it from its usual place on the shelf to a much more convenient place to reach. even now, months later i still reach for it in the old place. this is such a silly thing but if you combine this ingrained habit with out addiction its hardly surprising that these thoughts pop up. also we worked so hard to get our 'drinking times' and it consumed so much time and energy it would be very surprising if these feelings passed overnight . dont be dissapointed, be thankful that you recognise it and can work on it
                            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Disappointing

I look forward to that day too...and for the drinking dreams to stop.
                              Holding on since February 2, 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X