A GREAT REASON NOT TO DRINK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a bit self indulgent but i just have to post this. im in such a good mood.
    I FEEL FANTASTIC
    i was feeling really twitchy last night. going out for a meal with an already drinking mr spuds. i was really struggling with the whole idea and confess i had even rummaged around the house for some left over booze, thankfully there was none. i came on here and waffled on about how i was feeling and got great support. i went out and had a lovely meal and a lovely night and i DIDNT DRINK.
    waking up this morning i feel bloody marvelous to have got through this. thinking how awful i would feel if i had caved in. the whole night would have gone tits up. i would feel like shit and i know it would have taken days to get back in the right frame of mind. if i could just capture how i feel and put it in a box next to a box of how i would feel next to a box of how i would feel if i had drank, i would never ever want to open the drinking box. i wish i could box this feeling up and post it to everyone feeling tempted by booze.
    I NEED TO GIVE A HUGE BIG THANKS TO MWO AND EVERYONE HERE :l XXX
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Well done Spuds so proud of you xx

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Spuds why not keep this thread going to track your journey? Pour out more of how absolutely bloody fantastic you feel today so you can read this back whenever you are struggling, it could be your feeling good "Spudbox".......
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Hey duckie,

I know exactly what you mean. I am 9 days nicotine free at the moment and I feel great.
        Actually I feel too good! I want a smoke so I can feel worse.
        I feel genuine happiness, I want to go out and sing! I seriously do not know what to do with all this new experience.
        Maybe I finally lost it completely LOL

All the best,
        Netty
        We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Great to hear Spud. Now your talking! Alcohol is a liar. We don't need it. Forget it, and on with life from here on in. I want you to play on my next album.

Bravo!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Guitarista;934041 wrote: Great to hear Spud. Now your talking! Alcohol is a liar. We don't need it. Forget it, and on with life from here on in. I want you to play on my next album.

Bravo!
            tee hee, id better get my fingers moving.... oh and i suppose i need to get the strings on my guitar..... now where is that dusty old axe
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Really happy for you Spuds, well done!
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Wow Spudders, you did fantastic hon, I am so very pleased for you, you cannot buy that feeling!!!
                "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I am so happy for you hun.....
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Well done Spuds. It takes alot sometimes not to join others when they are drinking. And you did it! Fantastic.

Hipster
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Cracking news, Spudulike.
                      J x
                      :l
                      It could be worse, I could be filing.
                      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Wonderful Spuds and very empowering!
                        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:wd: Good for you Spuds you're doing fantastic!
                          AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                          One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Hi Spuds
                            I was really heartened to read your post- well done!!!
                            Please please keep posting about how great you feel... it stopped at least one person from drinking today.. me
                            Patrice

Comment

NICELY DONE SPUD AND PAT AND WELL EVERYONE JUST KEEP DOING YOUR BEST
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                              X