• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A GREAT REASON NOT TO DRINK

See you can do it!!!!:goodjob:

Comment

Delighted for you Spuds! I am convinced that everytime we overcome an urge or an iffy situation we get immensely stronger re. alcohol. When all is going rosy and no cravings etc. it's great but the learning experiences are what you had yesterday -:goodjob:
      Molly
      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Way to go Spud. What helps me out on the AF nights when I struggle is the thought of no hangovers in the morning.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

great job spuds

Comment

[QUOTE=spuddleduck;934006]this is a bit self indulgent but i just have to post this. im in such a good mood.
            I FEEL FANTASTIC
            i was feeling really twitchy last night. going out for a meal with an already drinking mr spuds. i was really struggling with the whole idea and confess i had even rummaged around the house for some left over booze, thankfully there was none. i came on here and waffled on about how i was feeling and got great support. i went out and had a lovely meal and a lovely night and i DIDNT DRINK.
            waking up this morning i feel bloody marvelous to have got through this. thinking how awful i would feel if i had caved in. the whole night would have gone tits up. i would feel like shit and i know it would have taken days to get back in the right frame of mind. if i could just capture how i feel and put it in a box next to a box of how i would feel next to a box of how i would feel if i had drank, i would never ever want to open the drinking box. i wish i could box this feeling up and post it to everyone feeling tempted by booze.
            I NEED TO GIVE A HUGE BIG THANKS TO MWO AND EVERYONE HERE :l XXX[/QUOTE
            :l:goodjob::thanks:::banana:

Comment

:wd::wd::wd::thumbs::thumbs:

Great job spuds!!!! You are an inspiration! :l

Comment

Working...
              X