Stupid subject really

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid subject really

Okay - this might sound really silly to some of you, BUT I was AF for 8 months. I always felt fine before going AF. I never really drank enough to feel bad - no hangovers, no blackouts, but was getting to the point here I knew I was drinking too much and was on the point of no return. I quit last January. I never did feel good once I quit. Never had any energy. Didn't feel good - didn't feel like 'me'. Didn't feel happy. Kept thinking it would go away and that once the AL had cleared my system, I would feel really good again. It never happened.

About three weeks ago, I started drinking again. I am back up to about 3-4 drinks a night. No hangovers - no blackouts, no feeling bad - and I feel great - have loads of energy - in short - I feel great again - I feel like ME again!!! I feel good - but I feel totally bummed that I have to drink to feel like this. I have no idea where to go from here. I have no idea if anyone else has had this problem or if it will be totally ignored by all - but I NEED help. I have even e-mailed the Guinness people (my choice of poison) to see what is in it that makes me feel so good - only e-mailed them today so will have to wait for a reply - but this is really bumming me out. PLEASE - if any of you have anything to say to me that can give me any hope on the horizon, please either PM or e-mail or answer this cry for help. I feel quite hopeless right now.

sunshinedaisies xx
    How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Stupid subject really

You could have untreated depression and you are self medicating with alcohol. The alcohol is making you feel good. You could share with your doctor!?
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Stupid subject really

Sunshine,

techie may have a good point!
      A little bit of wine after a long, stressful day helped me relax, sleep & feel better too.
      The problem is that little bit often turns into way too much & ends up increasing your anxiety & depression. I know it did for me!

Perhaps talking to your doc about possible treatment for depression would be a better way to go. I have been on & off antidepressants - they didn't make me feel better, just numb. I settled on an OTC herbal product called Amoryn & it has worked wonderfully. I started it a few months before I went AF & am still on it.

Just some things to think about
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Stupid subject really

I am on Celexa and have been for years and feel really good on it plus, why would it make a difference when I stopped drinking?
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Stupid subject really

well sunshine IM STAYING WITH WHAT I SAID BACK ON THE OTHER THREAD
          maybe in some ways you are realising you really need to make a choice .. and a change for the better.. something is bothering and only down deep you know what it is .. ,maybe you arent living the way you would or you want more to life .. but only you know what that is so ...start typing the PRO'S and CON'S and YOU may come up with the right direction ... good luck sweetie
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Stupid subject really

I believe Guiness does have some sort of vitamin content and perhaps some iron as well (perhaps research this, I am not sure)

Is it possible that you just need a vitamin supplement? Could you be anaemic ?
            Very simple to treat and you wouldn't need the Guiness supplements !:H
            If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
            Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Stupid subject really

That's a tough one, hon. You've gotten great advice above, but know too that in the long run even that small amount will be physically harmful. And at some point, it will take more. It's a vicious cycle, and bound to get worse. Hang in there, friend.
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Stupid subject really

Sunni...maybe coming off the Topa is affecting you??? I HATED Topa and I am not crazy by how affected I feel by the Bac, but I have chosen fuzziness and somnolence as a lesser evil right now vs. alcohol abuse....just a thought...
                maybe that's why you feel so good...cause you quit taking brain altering meds????
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Stupid subject really

That is the ironic thing - I stop taking brain altering meds.......and start drinking again ...... and then I feel good and not just when I drink - but 24 hours a day! It makes no sense to me. If I drink I feel good. If I stop I don't. Not sure where to go from here.

Sun x

Comment

Stupid subject really

Bridget is right - Guinness does have a lot of good stuff in it. Brewer's Yeast can work wonders on depression - you can buy it in health food shops.
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Stupid subject really

Back in my Mums day in Ireland they used to give you Guinness in maternity hospitals - don't know why, something to do with breastfeeding I think? but I think it was a myth or a very good promotion (we all believed the media back then)
                      Molly
                      Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                      contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Stupid subject really

Guiness does contain certain trace vitamins and minerals. Alcohol however removes the very same nutrients from the body.

Sooooo, taking Guiness for it's vitamin content results in zero net gain however drinking it in place of other beers would.

Comment

Stupid subject really

hi sunshine,i was on antidepressents for quite a few years,as odd as it may seem,i started to hav major panic attacks at 45,all the symptoms,13 at the time,psychiatrist was amased, could last up to 2 to 3 hours,i was hardly sick a day in my life,when the mind goes,or gets a jolt,life can be as i call it a living Hell,i had a ten year stint,and in the last 2 years,ive had but 2 attacks and i controlled them,one thing i lerned was not to drink when i took the meds,it was better then the L S D i took in the later 60 s,best to read the instructions or you could end up on a slab,as someone said,best to sit down and hav a good heart to heart talk with your doctor,he oor she bviously gave you themeds for your depressed state,i even went to a councillor that helped quite a lot.i do wish you well,gyco

Comment

Stupid subject really

Hallo all - thank you so much for your replies - I know that they used to give Guinness in hospital in UK Molly - I think it was 'cos of the iron and the Vits B! Brewers yeast does contain lots of the B vits Kimberly, so maybe I should get some - I used to have what I called my Mucky drink every day and would put some in it. Gyco - you are right, I do need to have a chat with my doc. Byebye - laughed at your calling the Guinness a supplement!! Now there is an idea. Anyway, I agree with you all - it is not an ideal plan to have the Guinness and I do need to get off it. I will gird my loins and start this journey all over again. I WILL DO THIS. Thank you all again for your help.

Hugs, Sunshinedaisies x

Comment

Stupid subject really

I know what you mean, I was af 6 months and felt alot better physically but still wanted that bit of buzz to relax. Think maybe I don't know how to relax without booze and always running around like crazy while sober doing projects and not know how to sit still for long. Not sure what to do about it but just keep trying. But you are not alone in the way you feel.

Comment

Working...
                              X