Hey Every Body I'm Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Every Body I'm Back

I feel 100% better 8 days sober and no bac it was raising my pressure to high. I will say though that detox/ rehab place was a eye opener and a wake up call for me. Things could be a lot worst in my world. Hearing those stories and feeling those people pain really touched my spirit. I'm hoping for the best. So far I have no cravings, and I am going to start taken meds for my post traumatic stress disorder and continue therapy.

wish me luck!!! I also continue to pray for everyone still in the struggle with this battle.

I was touched so much by the stories there that I made a promise to some of the women that I would bring them clothes and shoes back (I mean some only had the stuff on there backs and that was it) I know they didn't believe me but I showed up Saturday like Santa :H:H:H they were shocked. I also brought gifts for the nurses who treated me like a human and not just another "addict" looking down on me. They couldn't believe I was the same person :H:H:H This was a my reality check I hope this feeling last and I hope I never forget there stories or faces.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Hey Every Body I'm Back

This is great to see FM, wishing you all the luck in the world.
    It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

Nicest post I've read today FM. Beautiful way to turn your pain around. I send you hope and prayer for it to last and for those women that touched your heart. xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

Thats so cool FM...good on ya girl.
        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

FM glad you are back, what a positive post! With you all the way!
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

Great to see you FM! Though it's been years, I still stay in touch with the counselors from my rehab stay - 28 days. Yes, the stories are earthshaking. We can either look at them as "I'm not so bad" or the right way, "I've been so lucky so far". Any time you feel your dedication faltering, remember those feelings. It certainly makes us think! Again, glad you're here!!
            sigpic
            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

FM, great to hear it!
              AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
              "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

FM well done & welcome back :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

rubywillow;935687 wrote: Great to see you FM! Though it's been years, I still stay in touch with the counselors from my rehab stay - 28 days. Yes, the stories are earthshaking. We can either look at them as "I'm not so bad" or the right way, "I've been so lucky so far". Any time you feel your dedication faltering, remember those feelings. It certainly makes us think! Again, glad you're here!!
                  I swear I wanted to cry, one of the counselors had to take a double take he was like "come on back with me so you can take it to them personally" as I'm walking through the hall a lady that I got real close to like a Mom figure was on the phone. She squinted her eyes and started screaming my name amd hugging me so hard.

She said she had just finished writing a letter to me and was about to put it in the mail box and then I showed up :H I swear the way the people reacted you would have thought I had a year sober or something :H:H:H that gives me hope though. The intake counsler gave me hug and told me to stay clean for myself and so I could come back and be a speaker in the future. I think I would like that It shows people that addicts comes from all walks of life...

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

You're right FM. I heard the comment so often 'I can't believe a lady like you is here'. Like what? This disease is no respector of age, income, ethnicity; we're all susceptible. Let this pride spur you on to become a mentor. I've considered doing the same. Best wishes.
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

rubywillow;935707 wrote: You're right FM. I heard the comment so often 'I can't believe a lady like you is here'. Like what? This disease is no respector of age, income, ethnicity; we're all susceptible. Let this pride spur you on to become a mentor. I've considered doing the same. Best wishes.
                      I sooooo agree!!! don't let the fancy cars, education and house fool you I was sick and I'm still sick but I'm making baby steps. I'm glad that when I went into that place I was stripped of everything I was just "Tiffany" nothing more nothing less. The people were from all walks of life this wasn't a posh detox/ rehab center. I wanted the real experience I didn't want a retreat rehab with yogi and pilities (sp) I wanted to experience something real. I really met people from all walks of life. From a Teacher to a homeless crack addict. Tons of youngs girls strung out on meth. My God, this was a eye opening.

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

The meth was the hardest. Not many get out, and it's so insipid. I tried to contact my roommate, a young pregnant girl I organized a shower for, and spoke to her mom for a long time. The baby was taken by the state and the girl had disappeared. Broke my heart.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

Just a wonderful story to hear FM. Keep those memories tucked closely they'll always help you. Welcome back! John
                          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

rubywillow;935718 wrote: The meth was the hardest. Not many get out, and it's so insipid. I tried to contact my roommate, a young pregnant girl I organized a shower for, and spoke to her mom for a long time. The baby was taken by the state and the girl had disappeared. Broke my heart.
                            yeah they said that in group that al was the worst withdrawal and meth was the worst to kick period, one girl in there was 16 she looked like a baby and she shot herion. When I was there 1 person from my group just up and left and another guy as soon as he received his SSI check he walked right off. :-( he seem so nice too.

What I didn't get was that some people talked about there addication like a romance almost like a love story.

One night I was sitting on the grass catching the breeze and a young man walks up to me and ask me what are you in for? I said I signed myself in for AL he was like "that isn't shit"

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Hey Every Body I'm Back

off topic a bit but I've been having drunk dreams then when I wake up I have to remind myself that I didn't drink.

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
                              X