Hi new pals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi new pals

Im a scotsman and been a bit of a binge drinker for a few years, im off it a week now

yaaay :new:

Hi new pals

Welcome Big. I'm off it a month now and never thought I'd see the day. Some of the most helpful threads for me as a newbie:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ing-22609.html
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ndi-22388.html
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Nice to meet you!
    AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
    "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi new pals

I have found that taking st. John's wort helps with the cravings, dunno if you've tried it?

and nice to meet you too!

Comment

Hi new pals

Hi Bigscots. Welcome to our comunity. Pride gave you some great resources to get you started. Keep posting. We want to get to know you better. I wish you all the best, and congrats on your first AF week!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Hi new pals

bigscotsman, May I call you Big?

:welcome: and glad you are here!!

A week off is a good place to be. In about five more days, you are going to feel uncommonly good. It is amazing.

I am in the USA but I am of Scots heritage. Does that count?

My hubby is also of Scots heritage but he doesn't drink. He never liked the feeling.

He is a lowlander and I am a highlander in terms of genetics. Do you think that makes a difference?

Just kidding all around.

There are many Scotsmen here, many Irish, many from the US of A, many from "down under" and many from all over the world.

We all have the common goal, which is get out from under this bondage.

A week is a great place to start.

I look forward to getting to know you. You will enjoy this site, I am sure.

Cindi (a Fergie by birth)
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi new pals

Thank you, i've been battling the bottle for about ten years to be honest, my dad was an alcoholic and a nutcase when drunk, I swore i'd never drink ......you all know the rest

i've stopped a few times then end up trashed and talking crap onine and get banned from everywhere, I want to make a go of it now, I'm tired of the sadness and disappointment in my chldren's eyes when they see me waking up like a zombie surrounded by bottles

Comment

Hi new pals

Welcome Big! So glad you found us! We'll give you all the info at our disposal, and help YOU help yourself. Lots to learn. Start off by finding a thread you really like and posting there regularly, getting to know people you feel good talking to. Welcome again!! This has been a miracle place for me!!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi new pals

I'm tired of the sadness and disappointment in my chldren's eyes. >>

And embarrassment, and worry. That's a huge motivator for me, Big. You're going to relate to a LOT of what you read on the "what I hate about drinking" thread.
                AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Hi new pals

I have lost a lot through drink and i dont just wanna be another hard luck story, i found this place by chance when googling herbal remedies

thanks for the welcome all

Comment

Hi new pals

Pride was exactly spot on, Big. Identifying with people. It's a HUGE thing!
                    As I tell every new person, go to Long Time AF, and read the Tool Box. Then go to Tell Us Your Story, and read TLRGS story, both posts. Maybe do the last one first. You will see what CAN be done. He is one of my best friends, here and in life, and I'm proud to say that.
                    Don't quit coming here, no matter what, unless, as you said, you get blotto and disruptive. Then, go to bed and try again the next day. You only have to get up one more time than you fall.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi new pals

welcome, big! i'm new here, too--couple of days, but what i've seen here is truly inspirational!

Comment

Hi new pals

welcome to both big & rie, this place can save your life. like they say, it works if you work it.
                        and gratz on a week AF (alc free), the first 3 days were a killer for me.
                        AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Hi new pals

Hi,big,
                          Great advice you've already been given,just wanted to add my hellos and welcomes.
                          J x
                          :l
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hi new pals

Hi I just wanted to add my welcomes to both BigScot & Rie, this place can really help change lives if we want it badly enough.
                            Keep safe
                            KTAB
                            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Hi new pals

Awright Bigman and Rie.
                              Glad you found us.

Comment

Working...
                              X