Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from my son

Hi Willow,

Thank you for sharing the letter - I am the son who hurt my mother in my situation with my drinking and lies and not being there always when she needed her 'rock' as she used to call me.

Please keep coming to MWO and fight with everything you have to become your son's 'light' again.

Hope to hear from you a lot during 2011.

Best of luck, we're all here for you!

EW
    If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

from my son

bump because ....... it needs to be remembered.
      " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

from my son

Oh wow.
        Growth means change and change involves risk, stepping from the know to the unknown."
        Author Unknown :h

AF - Sept 4, 2012
        10 days - Sept 13, 2012
        2 weeks - Sept 17, 2012
        Slip on the weekend but tried too moderate!
        AF - Sept 24, 2012 (get back on the headaches not worth it)
        Slippery slope Oct 1 ..... Trying to not give up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

from my son

Yeah

I have saved that email on my computer and lost it when the computer died. On a usb and lost the usb. It is here on MWO to remind me of the dichotomy!
          I hope every day that this can fade into the past for my son but the truth is wounds heal over, build up scar tissue but never restore to the unwounded state.
          Some may think I am picking at my own scab by bumping this post, that may be true to a certain extent but if one parent can read it before they get to where I was .....well I'll pick the scab every day to help another son.
          " I'm not trying to counsel any of you to do anything really special, except to dare to think and to dare to go with the truth and to dare to love completely." -R. Buckminster Fuller

Comment

from my son

*Just realised this was a bumped thread. I'll leave my comments to stand anyway. I would be interested to know if Willow and her son made it through.

Willow,

The man that wrote that letter is courageous, strong and determined. I admire the human being that, while being hurt and suffering the abandonment that comes with parents on the wrong end of a bottle, he managed to put together a heart felt letter that was not belligerent or rude or mean, just emotionally charged.

Willow, you did not do everything wrong! Your son is a reflection of you and deep down he carries much strength and depth.

Thank you for this post as I know how hard it would of been to make this public. Willow, just the act of posting this confirms your strength and your willingness to tackle the world and your problems. My heart sings at the potential you and your son have to turn your darkness into a wonderful light forward.

You are not making excuses or hiding from your demons anymore, you are confronting the damage that has been done and you are looking for ways to move ahead.

These are exciting times for you Willow and you deserve happiness.

I wish you the best of luck.
            I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

from my son

Ow Willow, I missed this thread first time round - I'm so glad you bumped it. I can feel goosebumps reading your son's message. He was a courageous loving son, and like someone else posted, it was like looking at OUR illness through our family's eyes. I hope things are so much better for you - and him - now - I really do.
              I was in a treatment centre in January, and they encourage the family to get involved every Wednesday, and they did. My only daughter is in Canada however, but they advised her to email her feelings to the centre to be shared on the family day. Her email almost broke my heart. I thought I had faced every 'truth' - but 'my' truths, not 'her' truths. My little girl was across the Atlantic wounded and in pain - and I had done that. I still feel a pit in my stomach thinking of that email - but it did change my life around (so far!!) - like you, I can NEVER inflict that pain on someone I love - again, so potentially my daughter has saved my life - I hope your son has saved yours:l
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

from my son

Wow, what a letter.

Sounds like your son holds you in pretty high regrads, when AL is not involved......you should be very proud.

Very well written, not accusatory in any way, it should serve as a constant reminder as to why some of us on this planet should never pick up AL.
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

from my son

Dear Willow,
                  Your letter was meant for me to read. Thank you so much for sharing. Until I read it, I did not see the extent to which we harm others when alcohol is involved.
                  "Leap and the net will appear." - John Burroughs

Comment

from my son

Thank you Willow, for the bump. This is something I need to read often. What a beautifully poignant letter.
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

from my son

Dave_;1269637 wrote: *Just realised this was a bumped thread. I'll leave my comments to stand anyway. I would be interested to know if Willow and her son made it through.

Willow,

The man that wrote that letter is courageous, strong and determined. I admire the human being that, while being hurt and suffering the abandonment that comes with parents on the wrong end of a bottle, he managed to put together a heart felt letter that was not belligerent or rude or mean, just emotionally charged.

Willow, you did not do everything wrong! Your son is a reflection of you and deep down he carries much strength and depth.

Thank you for this post as I know how hard it would of been to make this public. Willow, just the act of posting this confirms your strength and your willingness to tackle the world and your problems. My heart sings at the potential you and your son have to turn your darkness into a wonderful light forward.

You are not making excuses or hiding from your demons anymore, you are confronting the damage that has been done and you are looking for ways to move ahead.

These are exciting times for you Willow and you deserve happiness.

I wish you the best of luck.
                      I just love your post Dave and I couldn't agree more. I had to catch Willow in chat last night just to tell her how brave she was to bump this thread up.
                      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

from my son

Oh My - how timely, thank you Willow. I have two amazing daughters, and I have to sort myself out for their sake as well as my own. If this is not a wake up call enough for me, I have no idea waht will be. My girls are young and their problems with life and scoiety are just starting, I will not be much help if I am drwonging my sorrows. I will kick this beast and become the mother I need to be, from the bottom of my heart Willow, thank you
                        “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Working...
                        X