Morning drinking discuss!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tutankhamun;938267 wrote: I thought that this was a place where nobody asked personal questions.

My 'day' doesn't revolve around what work I do. It revolves around what I drink. I thought that that was what this thread was about.

Thank you Mario.
    Ah, yeah... okay. I wasn't asking for your age, rank and serial number, infact, couldn't really care!! Just curious as to how one would work / make money with the routine you had. Obviously i missed out on the trust fund out:.

Most important thing is, you're in a better place now. Just to shed some light, i also used to work from home. Best and worst thing that could have happened. Had entire day planned: sleep in till 9.30am from hangover. 4.30pm, knock off and crack first drink... Needless to say, i got myself into a hell of a lot of trouble!
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Guitarista;938291 wrote: AND.......we alway's somehow find the money, or find a way, alway's.
      Oh gawd, now you're worrying me.
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

very interesting stuff here. for years i never contemplated drinking in the morning though im sure i would be under the influence from the night before. in the last year i drank in the morning maybe about 6 times. this would have been if i had been drinking late and woke up in a panic about how awful the previous night had been and if there was a glass left, i would sip it (yuk) to feel better and start the merry process again..... passing out mid afternoon and propably not drinking after that.... maybe i did once. i think in my mind morning drinking is drinking after whatever is considered my full nights sleep. i think when i started doing this is when i really woke up to the fact that i had a serious problem.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Change;938345 wrote: Oh gawd, now you're worrying me.
          No it's true

Comment

My favourite time of the day to drink was in the morning.... no word of a lie. Dunno why.

It really f'd up my life back then.

I'm so glad those days are over. It was exhausting.

Comment

I am never the morning drinker. I mainly drink at night. There were 2 occasions where I was drinking at noon but I was up for a few hours or more by then.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Ahhh UK. What a walk down memory lane.

For many years I used "I don't drink in the morning" as one of my justifications for being a "party girl" rather than an alcoholic.

Then that got a little too hard so I changed the rules. I was not an alcoholic as evidenced by the fact that I never drank before 5PM on a work day. Noon was fine for weekends and holidays.

Then of course 3PM was fine as long as I was still doing "official company business" at an "off site meeting" or something. Or traveling. All time limit rules were off on an airport day. All time limits were off on weekends and holidays too. Heck, I work hard! I deserve a drink!

3PM got difficult on work days as well. Did I quit drinking? No. I quit my job. I got a different job where I could drink oops I mean work from home. Then we had some new rules. Not before noon on a work day.

Well, before I take up all the bandwidth on the internet describing my various rule changes to accomodate my alcoholism, I will just say that in the end, I frequently chose vodka rather than coffee in the morning.

And oh - I too recall some scary drives to work YEARS ago where I had not reached the hangover stage yet - I was still in the drunk stage.

If I "got what I deserved" in this life, I would have 1,000 DUIs and me and several other people would be dead.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;938485 wrote: Ahhh UK. What a walk down memory lane.

For many years I used "I don't drink in the morning" as one of my justifications for being a "party girl" rather than an alcoholic.

Then that got a little too hard so I changed the rules. I was not an alcoholic as evidenced by the fact that I never drank before 5PM on a work day. Noon was fine for weekends and holidays.

Then of course 3PM was fine as long as I was still doing "official company business" at an "off site meeting" or something. Or traveling. All time limit rules were off on an airport day. All time limits were off on weekends and holidays too. Heck, I work hard! I deserve a drink!

3PM got difficult on work days as well. Did I quit drinking? No. I quit my job. I got a different job where I could drink oops I mean work from home. Then we had some new rules. Not before noon on a work day.

Well, before I take up all the bandwidth on the internet describing my various rule changes to accomodate my alcoholism, I will just say that in the end, I frequently chose vodka rather than coffee in the morning.

And oh - I too recall some scary drives to work YEARS ago where I had not reached the hangover stage yet - I was still in the drunk stage.

If I "got what I deserved" in this life, I would have 1,000 DUIs and me and several other people would be dead

DG

damn that hit home for me
                  https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
                  X