Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some suggestions

:new:

Hi all. I have a regular pattern to my drinking that's turned into sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Every 5 days, to the day, I drink to excess in a window from 1PM -7PM.

You'd think, armed with this knowledge, I'd be able to distract myself somehow during this window to break this cycle.

So far I haven't been successful.

So I'd love to hear some suggestions if anyone has had any success getting through a sticky situation.

It's sooooo aggravating to fall into a trap you can see coming days in advance.

Thanks!

I need some suggestions

Welcome filthee to mwo, have you read the toolbox here,its in the thread just starting out,

You can also make yourself else where or busy at them said times, go for a long walk etc .

Keep reading, keep posting,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I need some suggestions

Well, just opinons, mind you, but yes, you are setting yourself up to drink, planning it, even. You see it, recognize it, yet perpetuate it. One suggestion - take antabuse on that 5th day, and continue it till you break the cycle.
      Go to Monthly Abstinence - My Way Out Forums and read all the great suggestions in the Toolbox. Go to Tell Us Your Story, and see how others have done it. And during your witching our, come here, post (a lot), get someone to chat with you to keep you out of harms way.
      It takes work, but you know where to start at least. Keep coming back here.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
      X