X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnnyh ... update ...

Hey guys and girls,

Just a little update here from my side.

As most of you will know, I've taken a little leave of absence from MWO. I spent so much time here in the end that I neglected my family, friends and work.

A couple of days ago on the 15th Aug, I hit the 5 months AF mark, so yes, I'm still very much on track and doing well. I seem to be settling into a nice rhythm of things now as well. The World Cup was very disruptive and at times incredibly difficult, but with that behind now, a couple of weeks later I must say I'm going well for now.

My wife and kids are very well (we're out of winter now so at least we're through the season of colds, ear infections and everything else that goes with it )

I can just really say that my life has been transformed. 5 months ago and a couple of days I was a depressed drunk, that spent little time with his family but all time getting drunks in pubs and on the couch in front of the TV.

The people I meet now would probably not be able to picture that.

I had to leave some friends behind and made new friendships along the way.

Hey... I know it's still early days if you consider the bigger picture, that sobriety is now my life goal. But hey... all I can say i'm in a really, really happy place.

Love you all.

Johnnyh
    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Johnnyh ... update ...

amazingly inspirational. Thanks!!
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Wonderful post - thank you for the update Johnnyh. Wishing you continued success on your journey :l
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Johnny great to hear from you and so pleased all is going well for you, keep it going :l
        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Congrats sweetie keep up the good work
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Wonderful post, Johnnyh!!! You sound great! xo

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Wonderful to hear from you Johnny. You sound GREAT. Keep up the good fight as you are clearly a winner!
              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

awww Johnny...I have missed you. I am SOOOOOOOO happy for you!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Well done johnnyh good job

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Hi Johnny I was wondering where you'd gone - glad to hear you're doing great! Hopefully still see you around a bit
                    AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                    One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Johnny the success stories are so important for us all to hear so thanks for the up date. I'm so happy for you, sounds like you are really living your life now not just existing.
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Hey Johnny-so glad to hear from you and super happy to hear you're still on trac
                        k and doing well. I think about you often just because I miss seeing your posts. Keep up the good work and enjoy the warmer weather!!

:l
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

Johnny, thank you for sharing such a wonderfully encouraging success story! I'm delighted for you and your family and new friends! :l
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

awesome job nicely done johnny
                            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Johnnyh ... update ...

johnny thats great, great news. Thanks for your inspiring post and stay in touch.
                              Be strong-
                              We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                              Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Working...
                              X