Grateful to be back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful to be back

Hi all. I have completed my sentence in the Texas prison system and am so relieved to be home. It was very, very difficult, nothing prepared me for this, although Mike, I do appreciate you walking me through your experience.

I had a few lockdowns, not due to defiance but stooooopid rules and mental confusion. I was desperate to be compliant, but the whole experience was so harsh, part of my sensibility shut down. The population of the facility is a bowl of heartbreak and I had to struggle not to absorb all of the stories.

I am home now enjoying tv, phone, my little dog and freedom! I got home about 3:30 a.m. this morning and threw everything I was wearing into the garbage, had a lavender scented bath, washed my hair - and put on perfume!

When I was released last night at 2:00 a.m. I left the facility and just shook for a while. I have to put it behind me but right now it's very much part of me. I have an appointment Monday to see a professional who will hopefully accelerate my progress and healing.

Your support really did help me through the ordeal and I would lie in the bunk and try to recall all of your messages. Thank you.

Onwards and upwards in a very sober manner!!!
    Enlightened by MWO

Grateful to be back

Hil, I'm so relieved to see you home safe and sound. What a fantastic idea to see a professional immediately. You might consider reiki or some kind of energy work and balancing. Do you know anything about smudging? BIG :l for you!!
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Grateful to be back

I am so glad you are home. I never stayed a lengthy stay, but overnight was long enough for me. Rest and start a new life now. We are all still here for you.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Grateful to be back

Welcome home!
        "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Grateful to be back

Hilary,

It is so good to see you here and to hear from you.

I am so glad you came out through the other end.

Now, let's get on with it so neither of us ever have to face those kinds of demons again.

Love,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Grateful to be back

Hilary, brave bold and beautiful as usual. When you're ready to talk, there will be lots of people to listen. If you don't want to talk, there will be lots of people who understand. Welcome home I'll bet Peggy was delighted to see you. xo beth
            vegan zombies want your grains

Comment

Grateful to be back

SK,
              I do not post often but I remember when you were "going in" and you have been a longtime member and friend. I am glad you made it through and I have thought of you often.

Comment

Grateful to be back

Big, big hugs SK!! So happy you are home!!

Comment

Grateful to be back

SK :welcome: home!! It will probably take you some time to adjust and for your ordeal to sink in. Just enjoy the simple pleasures of freedom and look forward to a new and better life.....:l
                  "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                  AF - JAN 1st 2010
                  NF - May 1996

Comment

Grateful to be back

welcome back SK, and as you so rightly said "onwards & upwards"..from now on..
                    it's part of your life's history never to be repeated..only good things from now on..
                    bet the bath and perfume were heaven...:l:l

Comment

Grateful to be back

ahhhhh, SK - crisp, white sheets...

Comment

Grateful to be back

Welcome home SK. It is up to you now and I have a feeling its all going to work out well. I am glad your back.
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Grateful to be back

welcome back skendell. x
                          Be strong-
                          We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                          Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Grateful to be back

Good to see you back SK.
                            Good Luck.

Comment

Grateful to be back

That sounds like a harsh regime!
                              Well done for getting through it and planning for a better future.
                              sigpic
                              AF since December 22nd 2008
                              Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Working...
                              X