Doctor Visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Visit

Last Thursday I went to my doctor because I was having a hard time breathing (I'm very prone to bronchitis/pneumonia). Anyway, this is the doctor I've been very honest with regarding my drinking. I was so proud to be able to tell her that I am coming up on 5 months sober. I think she was happier than I was! She jumped out of her chair and gave me a high-five...and I think her eyes were watering. Despite the fact that I felt like cr*p because of a slight lung infection...that really made my day She also told me to never hestitate if I need anything, even just to talk. It's just another thing to be grateful for, I'm lucky I have that relationship with her. I know a lot of people, for different reasons, don't want to go that route, but sometimes it can really be a blessing!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Doctor Visit

Congratulations, K9Lover. You have a lot to be proud about. Way to go! Hope your infection gets better quickly!
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Doctor Visit

:thumbs:

Comment

Doctor Visit

That's wonderful 9er. I'm sure she appreciates your straightforward honesty as much as we do!!!
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Doctor Visit

K, I've found my docs LOVE to have honest admissions, since they see so many otherwise. I'm SO happy you have a good 'un!!
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Doctor Visit

:disco::disco::disco::cheering::cheering:

NICE JOB, K9! THE TRUTH HAS SET YOU FREE.

Comment

Doctor Visit

Fantastic news, K9.
              Same as my Dr, he's always willing just to see me for a catch up chat and I told my dentist. They're both fascinated about the power of MWO and 2 of my biggest cheer leaders.
              J x
              :l
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Doctor Visit

Thats fantastic K9 and a lesson to learn for us all to be honest with our docs :l
                Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Doctor Visit

NICE one K9!!! I reckon doctors see people fall lot more than succeed, you are doin GREAT girl xxx
                  "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                  NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Doctor Visit

I'm sure that really made her day (and yours). So often, people in the helping profession don't get the one-on-one of successes.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Doctor Visit

K9 what a lovely moment! So good to hear there are Drs out there like this and yours too JC.
                      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                      AF - JAN 1st 2010
                      NF - May 1996

Comment

Doctor Visit

Nice 1 k9 :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Doctor Visit

Just another note, because of your name; even my VET and I could talk forever, about me, him, his family, life, how I affect my dogs personalities. We've chatted so long at times his assistants come in and remind him he DOES have other patients. :H
                          People generally go into medicine hoping to (besides the money and prestige) be able to change lives. We are affirming them, too.
                          And I know from family experience they go home that day feeling good about their roles in our lives. A good medical professional sees us as more than a chart, and many times what we share with them stays with them.
                          sigpic
                          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                          X