Ideas for an AF birthday weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be 47 in 8 days time and I have not had an AF one in 30 years!!! I am determined this one will be........other than knowing I had a party for my 21st and 40th I can not remember what I did for the others. As my birthday falls in the week and I work away from home the celebration will be this weekend ...... It normally would start with lunch with my girl friends then straight on to dinner somewhere with my partner which I would not eat and no way remember getting home (or there if I'm honest!) then it would be off out to lunch the next day with the family starting the cycle all over again!! I really need to break the habit this time, no way do I want to be typing this again when I'm 48!!

Any good suggestions anyone ??
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Panno - how about a celebratory breakfast/brunch instead of lunch or dinner?

Followed by a day spa - do you have them where you are? Facial, body scrub, massage, pedicure - you'll feel so good and clean after that! I did it with a couple of girlfriends last year ... we were there for 4 hours and had a great time!
    Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Thats a great idea Missy!! I am gonna do that for my birthday next year!

Let us know Panno!
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Someting active?
        Amusement park
        Brunch and a musuem or art exhibit
        Zoo
        Hiking trail
        Canoe, kayak, horseback rental
        Art crawl - visit diff galleries in an area
        Movie / play
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

A long drive into the countryside or over to the coast ? stooping for lunch along the way .

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

I had everyone over for a brunch for my bday in June and it was a wonderful way to celebrate AF! I second the spa idea. Or even just a backrub or a pedi.

GO for a bike ride, hike or just a mini weekend vacay if you can afford it.

Tell everyone you know that you aren't drinking or cannot drink. (Invent a medication to be on if you have to!) I didn't even miss it. It was nice to actually remember my birthday for once!
            Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
            That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
            Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
            Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Well as they say fate has a funny hand in things sometimes - my grandaughter will be 11 on Saturday and her birthday bash with some friends has been put back till the week after when 2 of her other friends will be back from holiday and can join them...... guess where Granny is going saturday afternoon... ten pin bowling and pizza hut :H:H

Will be working on getting a spa morning in on Sunday and a drive in the afternoon - sounds a good weekend, will keep you all posted and thanks
              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Panno;942534 wrote: Well as they say fate has a funny hand in things sometimes - my grandaughter will be 11 on Saturday and her birthday bash with some friends has been put back till the week after when 2 of her other friends will be back from holiday and can join them...... guess where Granny is going saturday afternoon... ten pin bowling and pizza hut :H:H
                WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:
                Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
                That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
                Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
                Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

panno, i had my first AF birthday back in april, (45). just took it fairly easily. had a day out with mr spuds and a non drinking friend. went to a mini wildlife park and a few local sights, then out for a thai meal at night. all at my pace.. it was fantastic to be 'there' for all of it. i thought it was gonna be awful but i couldnt have been more wrong. the best present of all was the one i gave to myself BEING SOBER. just try it, you wont regret it.
                  Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                  Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Panno - Lots of great ideas here. Sharing it with your granddaughter does sound like fate stepping in! A nice reminder of how we had fun on our birthdays before alcohol came into our lives. I had my first AF birthday in many, many years this year and it was wonderful. I was taken to breakfast, taken to dinner, had cake, and really appreciated these little gestures different people did for me, more so than I ever did I was when drinking. Think like a kid, remember being one - it was a lot of fun! Have a great AF birthday!
                    ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Working...
                    X