Sleep... HUGELY important

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know many here have severe insomnia problems, and I feel for you.

Fortunately for me, I don't have a terrible insomnia problem, but I've never really made getting a good night's sleep a priority, therefore I'd get around 5-6 hours of crappy sleep a night.

I always stayed up late and got up early. I've never been a big sleeper.

Well for the past week I've made getting a good night's sleep my #1 priority and I can tell you with 100% certainty it's been a huge reason I've been able to stay AF during that period. That hasn't happened in as long as I can remember.

And the best part is the cravings are gone. I just don't think about AL.

I'm almost scared to type this for fear of jinxing myself but I'd rather put it out there in case it helps someone.

So if you're someone that doesn't feel they're getting an amazing night of sleep, please put the time in to do whatever it takes to do so.

Here's a couple things I did that allows me to now sleep like a baby.

1 - Get to bed by 10PM
    2 - Keep the house cold and bought a table top fan, which has always made me sleep well since I was a kid
    3 - Melatonin around 9PM
    4 - Upgraded my mattress, pillows and sheets

In short, just try to do whatever you can to get a good night's sleep every single night and I promise you it'll help immensely. Make it a priority. Look forward to it all day.

Hope this helps.

:thanks:

Great suggestions. I used to have SO much trouble sleeping, now I really sleep like a baby.

PS: I love my fans too! And once the weather turns cooler, I open a window and keep it open till the temp drops below 30F!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I love to sleep. I have always been amazed by people who stay up late. You could be sleeping!?
      Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
      That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
      Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
      Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Filthee,

I'm the same as you....in bed by 10pm. Take Melatonin around 9pm. Nice clean, lavander scented sheets....cool room. In the winter, I even sleep with the window cracked about 1"....I just like the cool, fresh air!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

YOur absolutely right. Getting the fundamentals right, sleeping, eating and drinking water gives you a tremendous amount of power over addiction.
          While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

That's a great way to put it. Just like anything you're trying to master, one needs to work on the fundamentals all the time.

Comment

great advice :thanks:

Comment

Working...
              X