Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey Day - blah!

Hya all,

God I am having a really flat day. The weather is all grey and rubbish - in fact it's so grey you can't even TELL if it's raining or not.

So I can't really go for one of my walks, which usually makes me feel better. I have a ton of things I probably should do, but I just can't get motivated. I feel at a loss, which is a trigger for me. Not that I will drink, but I just don't like the triggery feeling.

Any suggestions for what to do on a grey, blah day? Don't suggest eating cake as I'm on a diet....

Ta,
    K x
    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Grey Day - blah!

hi kimberley,try reading a book,watch a favorite movie,anything to stop thinking of the you know what!

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

read ,write enjoy a just you day or you can always clean house .. catch up on paper work ..but stay busy and get thinking positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Think of a small project you can do that can be completed and will give you some sense of accomplishment or satisfaction. Sort out a chest of drawers, a closet. Not a big thing, just a small one. Then another if you feel like it.
        sigpic
        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Hi Kimberley,

Got a hooded raincoat and waterproof boots? I love to walk too, and it's kind of nice in the rain if you aren't getting soaked. I download books on tape and listen to them on my ipod as I go along. Gets my mind off myself (for a change). ; )

I like the closet clearing idea, too.
          AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
          "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Yesterday was grey and blah here in the morning so I took my kiddos to school and jumped back in bed for a few hours. Woke up feeling marvelous and productive

Day 94 and counting......
            NF - 3/17/09

AF since 5/24/10

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Hi Kim,
              Eat a cake!
              We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

NAP!!
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Hi Kim, Eat a cake! >>>

hhahahaa network!
                  AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
                  "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

I like all your ideas, so thanks for those, but I just don't feel motivated enough to start anything let alone finish it.

OOOOH don't even mention the sweet stuff - I also have sugar cravings. Funny how crappy weather can do that. I would KILL for some M&Ms. But I won't. I am drinking fruit tea instead. Though it's not the same as chocolate. I can just see the headline now: "Murderous madwoman in mindless M&M melee! - Shopkeeper says: 'She went schizo when I said we'd run out of the peanut variety.' One purple-haired lady, known only as K, is being held in custody."

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Turn the music way up loud, sing out at the top of your voice and dance like a mad woman. Then collapse on the sofa in a happy heap
                      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Yeah Ktab, I'm sure my flatmates would appreciate that

Recovery Videos

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Bugger it. I have just had cake...

Recovery Videos

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

Good on you Kim!
                            We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Grey Day - blah!

A long hot bath always helps put me in a nice relaxed mood Bubbles don't hurt either! :bath2:

I actually love when it's all gray and cloudy out. I guess because it's always so darn sunny and hot here, that an overcast sky and/or rain is actually a nice change (not to mention makes it a few degrees cooler). A couple of weeks ago, I had the day off work and we had the edge of a tropical storm pass over. It was absolutely torrential. I grabbed my cup of coffee and curled up on the couch with my book and was just as happy as a clam!

Hope your yucky mood passes soon!!
                              Better Living Through Chemistry

Switched at 180mgs of Baclofen on 1/31/11, and again on 10/8/11 at 200mgs.

Could've been a swan on a glassy lake, could've been a gull in a clipper's wake. Could've been a ladybug on a windchime, but she was born a dragonfly.
                              ~Clutch

Comment

Working...
                              X