From one addiction to another...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Change, I'm with ya on the sugar and biccies thing - am half way through a pack of choc biscuits as we speak, even though I know I'm having dinner in an hour... tis a bad road to go down... I will make a conscious effort with you and get onto the L-glut and other non-chocolatey things if you like? Can't promise miracles, but am willing to try. Can I wait until tomorrow though? Still got half a pack of biscuits, and there's no way i'll be able to resist them - I'll eat them all tonight and be ready to go by tomorrow :H:H:H
    AF since 13th July 2010
    NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Gyco, i think you could be right! I've always pigged out on things i like and done emotional eating.

Spuddleduck, i wholeheartely agree with you, and thought the same thing.

Neart, yeah, okay, let's do it! Lol @ finishing the packet, so like me!! I've got two bisckies left and am seriously contemplating throwing them out, cos that will be a true sign that i am committed to detoxing. I'm also afraid that if i eat one, i will rush out and buy another packet (although that will be hard, i'm on a sick day)..
      One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

haha zenny it did warn me on the bottle to stick close to the toilet, but as is typical of me i gave myself a double dose.....yikes!
        next best clean-out is a thing called "Fleet" here in Oz - they give it to you the night before any abdominal surgery. They reckon if you're not crapping water within 2 hrs, take another dose!
        Man i was pretty glad that i was a "one dose" patient! Talk about EMPTY! All the better for the surgeons though, not to have to deal with a bowel full of shit.:H

Comment

you had Fleet 3 times a day? crikey woman, were you chocka full of crap?!!
          you poor thing, bet you couldn't sit for a week either!
          no toilet paper is EVER soft enough for those situtations....

Comment

:H:H:H:H

we got this great toilet paper here called Quilton, & inside the roll core it says:
            "Quilton - loves your bum" very cute.

Comment

Ok....

It's my turn....I had a colonoscopy a few years ago and it said, "clear liquids," and I thought Chardonnay and Rumplemintze are clear liquids and I went to town on them the day before the procedure. I asked the GI guy when I went in, "Does your mother KNOW what you do for a living? I mean, you're telling me there were NO other jobs when you graduated from med school?".

Well, I go through the whole procedure and the doctor says to me after I wake up, "Do you remember what you said to me?' And I said, "no," because they had me blitzed (at my request) on Tylenol and Codeine....He said, "You asked if you could kiss me and I said, 'no, not right now, but maybe later."

I thought, "Kill me now."

Comment

beagle;944709 wrote: :H:H:H:H

we got this great toilet paper here called Quilton, & inside the roll core it says:
                "Quilton - loves your bum" very cute.
                Omg beag, are you serious? I've gotta look in mine. I :lilheart: Quilton. I buy the big rolls, the ones that never run out
                One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Zenstyle;944769 wrote: They'd bloody run out if your Doc had you on Fleet 3 x a day... Just sayin'
                  Hahaha! Yeah, i've been usin mine for my nose lately, bloomin bloody cold!

(But a life saver actually)!

Comment

Is moderation possible long-term for alcoholics? This is the question I am seriously asking myself. Abstaining for a month or more is not a problem. The problem is wondering if my drinking will slowly inch up to too much / loss of control after a long period of moderation. Does moderation only work for "problem drinkers" - and who can really know if they are one or the other? I've gone to AA and hear way worse problems than mine, but I don't want to keep having the level of problems I have right now either.

Comment

Well, i've just whacked a liver-friendly banana cake in the oven, will let all know how it goes :goodjob:

cdauphne, i doubt whether moderation is possible for some people, hence complete abstinence..

Comment

Liver-friendly banana cake! I like the idea of banana cake, although I find any mention of liver makes me feel ill - my Mam made me eat liver when I was a kid, and kidneys too - so horrid! As a result, just the words "liver" and "kidneys" gross me out now
                        Ok, I'm making a conscious effort today too so - I'm start with a good brekkie, so no white bread for me! Let us know how the banana cake goes
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Yep!
                          I too have the chocolate urge.
                          There's a machine at work and I regularly used to scoff between 3 and 10 bars of bars of whatever took my fancy.
                          Fortunately this has no effect on my weight at all but other risks must have been heightened during this period. I had to make myself go to work with just my lunch and no change in my pockets.
                          It's passed now, for the most part, but I still treat myself now and again, in moderation.
                          Hmmm...moderation!
                          Life's big secret it seems.

Comment

neart;945021 wrote: Ok, I'm making a conscious effort today too so - I'm start with a good brekkie, so no white bread for me! Let us know how the banana cake goes
                            Cool neart, well done on the brekkie!

I can't even remember what i put in... oh, hang on bananas, but there's a whole lot of other stuff. When i was in the kitchen, i decided to only jog my memory if it tastes good. Sort of loosely based it on Sandra Cabot's recipe, but with a few ingreds of my own. Used soy flour, so i'll see how it goes uch:

Comment

Well, the nana cake is a success!

Comment

I saw that your cake was done, then I looked and saw your profile which says you feel sick!!! Hope the two aren't linked?? :H:H
                                AF since 13th July 2010
                                NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                                X