From one addiction to another...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

neart;945240 wrote: I saw that your cake was done, then I looked and saw your profile which says you feel sick!!! Hope the two aren't linked?? :H:H
    Haha, no... i'm in bed with the flu
    One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

Seeing it was Friday night I not only OD'd on the peanuts but on the mini toblerones too, now I'm "sick" too...... But Sober
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Chillgirl;945632 wrote: Seeing it was Friday night I not only OD'd on the peanuts but on the mini toblerones too, now I'm "sick" too...... But Sober
        Loooove Toblerone! But, yes, better that than something else. Concentrate on one thing at a time and then give the Tobs the flick when you've got the other thing under control :goodjob:
        One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

smoked salmon on corn cakes with cream cheese...
          any cheese thats around, yes even blue. LOVE the mouldy stuff!
          my favourite slack dinner is rice + lots cheese + butter into a fatty,cheesy mess.
          tell me i'm sick.
          guacamole.....oooh guacamole....buts avocados pretty 'spensive atm so off the menu...

Comment

I've become very aware of comfort eating whenever I feel the urge to drink, am angry, upset etc. I basically don't keep or buy any junk food. I might get some chocolate on a Saturday night but generally avoid anything like cake, biscuits, chocolates the majority of the time as I know just like AL 1 will set me off. Ok it's not AL but it will mean I feel rubbish afterwards.

I do eat plenty of fruit and veg, also find a spoonful of fruit yogurt helps sate the sweet cravings too.

Comment

i have become addicted to pork rinds and sweet tea and I chew the crap out of the ice....
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I waited 5 months before addressing the diet and weight gain. I have now lost over 20 pounds and am back into my size 12 jeans! I am exercising almost daily and eating a healthy diet based mostly on veggies fruits and lean proteins. Nothing weird or faddish about it.
                I think the confidence I gained by quitting the booze gave me the confidence to also change these other health habits.
                For CDaphne? I think most people on this site have already "failed" at moderation. If mod had worked for me I wouldn't have needed to come here. IMO the concept of even needing to moderate means we are having trouble doing it. Therefore we are alcohol dependent and need to abstain. If people can drink normally more power to them. But that was never me. I also have the attitude now that when I gave up alcohol I gave up nothing of value in my life.
                Sunny

Comment

Sunnyvalenting;946834 wrote: I waited 5 months before addressing the diet and weight gain. I have now lost over 20 pounds and am back into my size 12 jeans! I am exercising almost daily and eating a healthy diet based mostly on veggies fruits and lean proteins. Nothing weird or faddish about it.
                  I think the confidence I gained by quitting the booze gave me the confidence to also change these other health habits.
                  For CDaphne? I think most people on this site have already "failed" at moderation. If mod had worked for me I wouldn't have needed to come here. IMO the concept of even needing to moderate means we are having trouble doing it. Therefore we are alcohol dependent and need to abstain. If people can drink normally more power to them. But that was never me. I also have the attitude now that when I gave up alcohol I gave up nothing of value in my life.
                  Sunny
                  I am thinking of retaining my gym membership and even giving yoga a go again. Right now, my latest guilty pleasure is toasted crumpets with honey on them!

Comment

Working...
                  X