Blackouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackouts

Yeah, we all say and do stupid things when we are drunk , but there's something different about not being able to recall certain events that have taken place.I definately was shaken up when I went out to my usual hang out, had a few, was feeling a little too drunk ,called a cab,went to a local hotel, and thats all I remember. The next morning I woke up next to someone that I did not even know, come to find out that some guy followed me in his car. I am Lucky to be alive!
    But see. that's what alcohol can do .....
    So the way I see it is- this is just a glimpse of something much worse if I am to keep this behavior up!

Comment

Blackouts

I can't even begin to start on the blackouts I had. First one was at 17 when apparently I just fell over in a night club. Everyone said I must have had my drink spiked - but I've a pretty good idea it was because I'd simply drank too much.

Quite a few of my blackouts I was semi-aware what was happening, like being in a dream, other times I really did not know I'd been to places and or done things. Often quite horrid stuff. Other times I remembered it in tunnel vision with bits coming back to me over time.

I only drunk drove the once, which was enough to cause mayhem and lose my licence. I swore I'd never do it again and I had utter resolve on that one. However I could never guarantee 100% that I wouldn't do it, so long as I was drinking as one day I might have done it in blackout. As it was I never did it again, but it would have only been a matter of time. Then again I was so debilitated by alcohol towards the end, with the large quantities I would consume I don't think I'd have had the ability to get the car out of the garage in one piece.

Anyway I never have to be like that again, ODAT.

Comment

Blackouts

Blackouts for me was a an indication that I needed to do something about my drinking. To not know what you did is the most frightening thing!!
        Be strong-
        We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
        Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

Blackouts

I found out some of the medication I am taking was helping my blackouts along. I havent had a drink since the 27th and I apparently had another blackout since.

Comment

Blackouts

Blackouts were the scariest thing for me - totally hate waking up next morning not knowing what I'd said/done. Definitely the reality check that I really do have a problem.

Comment

Blackouts

:welcome: Kimberly. Is what you are describing periods you weren't aware you'd last until somebody told you? I.e. "I don't remember leaving last night", or, "Shit! Was I here last night"

Or are they smaller, random blackouts, like you remember being at the keg, but somebody had to 'shake' you awake to bring you back into a conversation? The latter could be some else nuerological, first noticed when triggered by alcohol.

Comment

Blackouts

VegasGirl;952372 wrote: I found out some of the medication I am taking was helping my blackouts along. I havent had a drink since the 27th and I apparently had another blackout since.
                Has your doc been able to work with you on the meds?

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X