MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

BACK IN FEBRUARY I STARTED TO TRY AND SORT OUT MY DRINKING PROBLEM AND STARTED WRITING A JOURNAL OF HOW I WAS GETTING ON. I WAS JUST READING IT LAST NIGHT AND THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE IT (ive copied it word for word so it?s a bit long and rambling)

FIX IT FEBRUARY

Ive had too much mess in my head for too long so fix it feb is gonna mend polly.
    Aim - sort drinking
    Sort bad thoughts/be positive
    Smoking (but not crisis)

Tues 2nd
    didn?t sleep well - too much rubbish whizzing about my head. Yesterday after wood work was really wanting a drink - didn?t - so pleased about that. Want to try do feb booze free. Lots of stuff in my head and I keep dwelling on the negative so I will replace with positive. Gonna go to docs and get thyroid test and tell him citaloprom not working.
    Feel like a piece of elastic going boing boing stretch to limit them pop and wither back to goo and stay in bed. When I start doing things I get in a frenzy and cant calm down so then I have a drink- it calms me down a bit and then I get more frenzied. Effects of alcohol no doubt. When im pissed im a pretty crap person- have been told this many times - after I feel awful cos I cant remember ? of it and ive usually managed to either upset someone of make a total fool of myself. Left my bag in pub on sat night with my insulin and ?120 in. lucky I got it back intact. Thanks D. find it difficult to have couple of drinks and not go on a bender - think its called alcoholism. Only me can sort this out and that?s what im trying to do now.
    Got to get sleep patterns back to sense cos that?s always a feel good thing.

Wed 3rd
    So much for my good intent. Made app and went to docs. Having blood test for thyroid and liver function. Blood pressure sky high so doubled dose - o dear im falling to pieces. Went to F?s and shopping. I kept sloping off to pub for vodka, how bloody useless is that. I felt really wound up and scared of stuff- silly but true. We went round to P?s - he been done for drink driving. Hasn?t had a drink for two weeks. Wow if he can do it im damn sure I can. N has done it as well and im not sure if L has also conquered the demon drink.

Thurs 4th
    My god did I want a drink today. Busy doing stuff - bit of tidying just felt too grrrrrrr arrrrrgh (only way to describe it) applied for job at petrol station with N - I was just giddy and babbling. Wanted a big swig of vodka to take the edge off. Went to B (job centre, shopping, mums)got back exhausted and totally frazzled - I would have got booze at shop but I didn?t. I controlled the urge. Silly but im pleased. 1 small step. CHANGE IS A JOURNEY NOT A MOMENT - GOTTA KEEP TRYING.

FRI 5th
    Thinking this morning - all these pills im getting for blood pressure, cholesterol all say can have liver and kidney probs. How stupid am I drinking like a fish and expecting the docs to sort me out. Pleased I didn?t succumb yesterday. Hope I do the same today I WILL

Sat 6th
    Well yes I managed Friday - very much think of drink in aft/early eve - doing loads of tiding - back room, good but I get so OTT I cant calm down - had pain pills - think they seem to take the edge off - that?s what I want from docs - just the edge taking off. Gonna be busy again today - smoking quite a lot but I can address that another day.

Sat 20th
    Not been doing very well, not been drinking vodka so J is pleased. Have alcohol on mind a lot. it?s a bit like dieting cos you?re avoiding stuff its on mind more. Not drinking cos pissed off. More for having a break from thinking.
    Yesterday had a good busy day cleaning etc. then got wine and got hammered - then wasted today under duvet. Got results from docs. Liver ok,thyroid ok - but pissed off about thyroid - was hoping that might be the answer to how I feel. Asked for something to take the edge off but he didn?t come up with anything. Drink shrink app got cancelled - was syked up for it. Not much to write as not much change. Def don?t seem to be able to just have 1 drink.

Sunday
    Up early - snowing. Kept busy cleaning windows and stuff. Found a brill website - my way out. All about alcohol - forum with people who are trying to cut down/quit. Some great advice and lots of food for thought. Words of wisdom from people who have been here and come out the other side smiling and sober. Ive joined and gonna go on regularly. Reading that people feel exactly the same as me is good - felt like I was the only person like this. Also looked at site about catalopram. don?t think I have been giving I a chance by soaking it in booze. Going to bed feeling quite positive - fingers crossed.

Tues 23
    Been on mwo. It strengthens my resolve reading stuff knowing people in same place as me - got app with drink shrink on thurs - terrified - it will be day 5 AF - got to do it though. Ive started now so this has to be it. Think I will buy a netbook so I can go on site all the time ?200 - that?s 20 weeks at ?10 a week. 3 bots of wine so actually it?s a lot less time than that as 3 bots is just the start. Got to be worth it

AND THE REST IS HISTORY. THANK YOU EVERYONE AT MWO
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

Awww ......... Spuds, that has made me go all tingly!!!!

You have come so far!!!! :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

Spuds - Like you I have always keep a journal and reading your post made me dig out some from before I quit drinking, here are some extracts which were typical entries from the last few years:-

The monkey mind has taken over again and I really have to take steps to overcome this. My thoughts are increasingly about dying, ending my life and I want to change all that.

Still feel suicidal...

Black, black, black.

And here is a post I made on this site on Jan 1st this year......

Hi Kimberley
      Im in..
      I had my last drink at 11.55pm last night and bid it farewell

its over... completely and uttterly finished, im claiming back my life and today i feel so relieved now the desicion has been made, im free!

I will be checking in here regularly to get and to offer support....

Wishing you all the strength in the world
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

chill, i kept a daily dairy from age 7 to mid twenties. its facinating reading back through my life. from the excitement at 7 about what i had for dinner to the teenage boys traumas and the rest. i can see from entries in my late teens that my head was already going to a dark place and the drinking hadnt even begun yet. there were some very distraught desparate lonely entries back then, so i think i have a natural negativity in me for some reason and when i found alcohol made it go away (albeit temorarily) i had found a crutch which i later came to rely on heavily
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

MY WEEKS BEFORE MWO

Spuds, how great that you have all that in writing to look back on. WOW you have come a long way and congratulations. I know how hard it is!!! So worth it though, eh?

Chillgirl;946041 wrote: The monkey mind has taken over again and I really have to take steps to overcome this. My thoughts are increasingly about dying, ending my life and I want to change all that.

Still feel suicidal...

Black, black, black.

[/I]
          I had a chill reading that as I could have written it. That was my life in the final drinking years.

DG
          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
          Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
          X