Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've been here before, but now need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, everyone! I have the book--MWO--and the tapes. Am awaiting a get-started package and an anti-craving drug. Here I sit with my first glass of wine of the day--11:00 a.m. I was successful in keeping away from alcohol for more than a year, but when I retired I started drinking again. First, half a bottle of white wine a day, which soon became a full bottle. And this summer, which has been very stressful for me, I began drinking in the morning and through the day, guzzling what has become two bottles. I was very impressed by the book--will wait to start the tapes when I receive the get-started package and drug. Wish me luck and pray for my success, please!! At this point, today, I really hate myself for having become a heavy drinker--but I'm so desperate, and want so much to feel good about myself again, I'm ready to try again, this time permanently.

Good luck Shantiji. You can do it !
    :lilangel:

Comment

:welcome:!!!! Boy can I relate to the wine drinking and the progression. There was a time when I thought I drank too much because of my job / boss. Then I got a work-from-home job and guess what happened next???

Anyway, hate the alcohol, not yourself. You are among people who understand what you are going through. Getting free of AL's grip is not easy, but MAN is it worth it. I hope you will find some Daily support threads that you like and post - get to know people. There is some good sobriety going on and good support in many areas of the forum. I like some threads in the Monthly Abstinence section as my regular "home threads." The important thing is to find a support system and connections that HELP you get and stay sober.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Shantiji! Just wanted to say welcome and good luck!
        Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

Hi Shantiji
          Just wanted to say hi and welcome, if i can do it anyone can, my prayers are with you.

Comment

Yes, good luck & welcome!

Comment

Welcome and good luck

Comment

Working...
              X