Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Antone watching Glenn Beck Restoring Honor??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God and country......that is the core! For me at least
    Symbols!

democracy in action is a good thing!
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Symbols, I LOVED that movie!!! My whole world has been based on the honor and respect I have for the men, the last one being my beloved Daddy, whose credo was just that. Till he died, we went to each Memorial Day memorial, and paid his respects. I don't think this new generation really knows what it means to pay respect to those who protect, sacrifice. They make a choice, for us. The flag on my Daddy's coffin meant more to me than all the cards, flowers, words, could ever.
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Well, the can of worms has been opened and I feel compelled to give my opinion.

I find Glenn Beck to be vapid and ignorant. Yes, he gets people worked up with his "religious theartrics", but that is all it is!

I honestly wonder how many Beck followers actual even know how the US government actually works? I also wonder how many of these highly emotional followers actually do anything in their daily lives to help the US to move forward? How many of these people have ever actually been part of a political campaign? How many actually research the platform of the candidates and then vote?

The whole Beck thing disgusts me!
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Katie girl, don't know a thing about Glenn Beck. I was only responding to, I guess, Symbol's avatar. Bad on me. But I don't back down from my personal stand, without giving a dang about someone trying to make a name for themselves. I've known the real deal.
          If I'd checked everything out, I might not have posted. I stand only by the memories of the ones I KNEW. Everyone else has to prove themselves, just not to me.
          sigpic
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh, Ruby, this was in no way a response to your posting......nor anyone else's, it was just my personal point of view. The questions I asked are somewhat rhetorical, an attempt to provoke thinking to any who care to think about it, or not!

I completely understand your pride in your dad and his service, I grew up in a military family, my father was a vet of both Korea and Viet Nam and retired after 26 years. My husband served during the most intense part of Vietnam. Like you, I am very proud to be an American! Never the less, I realize that as Americans we really need to exercise the rights and privaleges given to us under this democracy today, in order to protect and preserve the freedoms and life that we all enjoy.

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

I wont pretend that I know everything, I actually think I am kind of ignorant to many things. Hey at least I admit that!

I think Glenn Becks motive is his heart is in the right place though. If the rally is about restoring Honor I think our country could really use that!
              I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

KateH1;946250 wrote: Oh, Ruby, this was in no way a response to your posting......nor anyone else's, it was just my personal point of view. The questions I asked are somewhat rhetorical, an attempt to provoke thinking to any who care to think about it, or not!

I completely understand your pride in your dad and his service, I grew up in a military family, my father was a vet of both Korea and Viet Nam and retired after 26 years. My husband served during the most intense part of Vietnam. Like you, I am very proud to be an American! Never the less, I realize that as Americans we really need to exercise the rights and privaleges given to us under this democracy today, in order to protect and preserve the freedoms and life that we all enjoy.
                Hey, Katie, I was just commenting on my ignorance of the subject matter, and that I jumped in over my head. I know where you stand. No worries here!
                sigpic

Comment

KateH1;946225 wrote: Well, the can of worms has been opened and I feel compelled to give my opinion.

I find Glenn Beck to be vapid and ignorant. Yes, he gets people worked up with his "religious theatrics", but that is all it is!

I honestly wonder how many Beck followers actual even know how the US government actually works? I also wonder how many of these highly emotional followers actually do anything in their daily lives to help the US to move forward? How many of these people have ever actually been part of a political campaign? How many actually research the platform of the candidates and then vote?

The whole Beck thing disgusts me!
                  No one opened a can of worms here but you Kate. You attack a thread about God, country, and democracy in action. No one mentioned Beck till you did. I could care less about the man. However, I support the idea and message the rally today was conveying. He doesn't get me worked up with his "religious theatrics" but obviously his name gets you worked up. I also do not appreciate the condescension in your generalization of Beck followers. I think it would be much more productive if you directed your histrionics toward our current failing government policies. Plenty of meat to chew on that bone!!!
                  Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

This is kind of interesting. Are you all aware that Glenn Beck was a hardcore alcoholic, and I think drug abuser too (not sure about the drugs)

Might be interesting to google his story on the alcoholism.
                    I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

techie;946272 wrote: No one opened a can of worms here but you Kate. You attack a thread about God, country, and democracy in action. No one mentioned Beck till you did. I could care less about the man. However, I support the idea and message the rally today was conveying. He doesn't get me worked up with his "religious theatrics" but obviously his name gets you worked up. I also do not appreciate the condescension in your generalization of Beck followers. I think it would be much more productive if you directed your histrionics toward our current failing government policies. Plenty of meat to chew on that bone!!!
                      Wow! Now, this is an attack! LOL...Lucky for me, I don't care! I have become quite accustomed to moving past your many angry rants here at mwo! You really did not give any food for thought, not information, just an angry rant......Be Well!

By the way, read the title of the thread.....it is about the Beck Rally Today! Would you not call that mentioning Beck?

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

[quote=KateH1;946319]Wow! Now, this is an attack! LOL...Lucky for me, I don't care! I have become quite accustomed to moving past your many angry rants here at mwo! You really did not give any food for thought, not information, just an angry rant......Be Well!

By the way, read the title of the thread.....it is about the Beck Rally Today! Would you not call that mentioning Beck?[/quote

:thanks:

Comment

Here we go again............never fails, this always stirs up crap !

I thought this a good thing.....rewarding people for their kindness and bravery. IAD
                          ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                          those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Lively discussions have always turn into hurt feelings here.......Were here to recover from alcohol abuse. I've been here awhile....I've seen this happen a few times. IAD
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands.."

Just sayin'

Cindi
                              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Working...
                              X