Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monster Energy Drink is scary!!!

Anyone tried this? I won't be again.

Last night my dancing feet were itching, had tried to find me a goth or rock event last minute to no avail and I took a chance on going to the local, small town nightclub. Risk number 1 is that being small town folksies are there to get as drunk as poss - whereas my usual events are places were peeps are there to get dressed in their gear, and listen/dance to specific music. Anyway ate well and thought I could handle it. As part of my preparation I bought a small bar of chocolate, and decided to try a can of that 'Monster' energy drink I've seen so many kids drinking in the street.

Ok warning number one - the can is a beer/cider tin size. Walking home with it made me feel as if I was sneaking a can of AL. Warning number two when I swigged it back it tasted so strong, had a mild tingly effect which felt so like AL I stopped in panic and had to check the label 3 times to make sure it did not contain AL(I had bought it from a licenced shop so could have been possible). I then got complete De Ja Vue from my next drink from the can as the whole experience just felt like drinking AL - from the feel of the can, the taste and texture to the warmth in my stomach. It brought back images/memories of drinking Scrumpy Jack. I have a big suspicion it's sold in pint cans with a dark design to target teens, and hence appear as if they are consuming some sort of 'adult' drink -i.e. AL.

I did go out and I didn't drink. De Ja Vue number 2 was walking through town to the club at pub kicking out time. Last couple of years walking down the same street at that time, I'd have been searching for a pub that would sell me grog as takeout. I got to the club and did have a jolly good dance for well over an hour before coming home fairly happy and completely AF.

Just wanted to share the Monster experience as I found it very scary indeed, and would advise avoiding it for anyone with AL problems as I think it could potentially trigger someone. Oh and it makes you incredibly thirsty afterwards.

What's in it uk? Is it like red bull?
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Yes, it's a bit like a pint can of redbull but the taste is much fruitier - it is supposed to be 50% special blend of fruit juice. It DID remind me of fruity ciders as a result.

Comment

Scary indeed.
        I hate the wAy they market drinks to encourage people to go for a buzz
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Good for you going out UKB, you probably just needed to let off a little steam

I have an interesting history with Redbull. Each time i drink it, it's like i'm on speed the next day, it's quite bizarre. If i have > than 2 in a night, i start to get sick in the stomach, so no risk of me having any more than two.
          One day at a time.. Sometimes it's one minute or one second at a time.. Most important thing is to look ahead and don't look back!

Comment

I've had friends who hit Red Bull too much on a daily basis have some real problems from it. Considering the suger and god knows what is inside, I've stayed away. I've tried Red Bull for fatigue etc., but I swear Mountain Dews a better alternative. I always laughed at the fact that we have such child obesity in the US, yet all these tubby kids are slurping down blue or red Gatorade like they're in the world cup
            Symbols!

Comment

I drink diet Mtn Dew to stay awake, too. It's like rocket fuel!!
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Working...
              X