Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough Evening

Hi all
    Its my sons Debs Ball tonight,limo is picking him up at 6pm. Lots of relations coming to see him and all around me there is alcohol for the "party"after he leaves. I am separated from his father 5 years and he is leaving from there,trouble is i have to be there too.Plan is to see him off and say my polite hellos to ex in-laws and leave.At the back of my mind im thinking will i have a drink to be "sociable" so i am aware im setting myself up. Its day 13 for me and i don't want to start again.Wish me luck.

Tough Evening

Thinking of you!!!!
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Tough Evening

Good Luck..!!!
      I want to live life sober....not die a drunk

Comment

Tough Evening

you dont need luck Girl...just tell yourself,,,"I DONT DRINK"
        (i know thats easier said than done, but if you chant it enough it may stick....it has worked for me!!)
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Tough Evening

Hi Jodie, Why don't you tell them straight away when you arrive that you have plans you have to get back for so you wont be able to stay afterwards. You need to make a plan or you'll end up having a drink, I know I would in that situation. Think about that 2 week mark you'll be missing out on and how bad that will make you feel tomorrow. If you get passed this you'll feel amazing in the morning hun xx
          AF since 19th August 2011

Comment

Tough Evening

Jodie - NO NO NO NO NO! You do not have to have a drink to be sociable, this is what you do when that evil little voice start to tell you that its a good idea and it will be ok :lalala:

I dont know about you but if I was to attend such a do and drink it wouldnt just be a couple and even if I left before having too much Id stop off and buy a bottle on the way home. Drinking thinking is stinking thinking! play the movie in your head and fast forward to later on tonight when the picture wouldnt be looking so sociable. fast forward even further to the morning when you wake up hungover and furious with yourself for breaking your great run of AF days!

No Jodie, dont do it! Its not worth it. Have a soft drink, if anyone asked and you dont want to explain, just say you're having a AL break, or you are on a diet, or you have to drive, or you have a dodgy tummy.... anything at all, people dont generally care.
            "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
            AF - JAN 1st 2010
            NF - May 1996

Comment

Tough Evening

Chillgirl;947423 wrote: Jodie - NO NO NO NO NO! You do not have to have a drink to be sociable, this is what you do when that evil little voice start to tell you that its a good idea and it will be ok :lalala:

I dont know about you but if I was to attend such a do and drink it wouldnt just be a couple and even if I left before having too much Id stop off and buy a bottle on the way home. Drinking thinking is stinking thinking! play the movie in your head and fast forward to later on tonight when the picture wouldnt be looking so sociable. fast forward even further to the morning when you wake up hungover and furious with yourself for breaking your great run of AF days!

No Jodie, dont do it! Its not worth it. Have a soft drink, if anyone asked and you dont want to explain, just say you're having a AL break, or you are on a diet, or you have to drive, or you have a dodgy tummy.... anything at all, people dont generally care.
              Ditto to that Jodi.
              Honestly in my experience nobody really gives a rats arse if I am drinking or not so just ask for a soft drink or fruit juice. They may ask, just say I am happy with this drink and leave it at that. Its nobodys business is it?
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Tough Evening

Being sociable dosen't mean alcohol!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Tough Evening

Ditto what everyone else has said!!!!!

Be strong Jodie xxx
                  sigpicXXX

Comment

Tough Evening

Sheri;947426 wrote:
                    You'll feel so empowered and proud of yourself if you don't drink and really lousy if you do. Alcohol will add NOTHING to the experience.

Sheri
                    :thumbs:

Comment

Tough Evening

I couldn?t agree more with the other posters. It has happened to me before. You have that one drink and then Al says ?you?ve come this far, you might as well have another. You can always restart tomorrow?. I?ve heard that speech so many times in my head!

Here are some excuses you could use:
                      1) No thanks, I?m watching my weight.
                      2) I?m driving and don?t want to end up in jail.
                      3) I?m taking medicine for VD (since it is your ex, that should go over well :H :H)?
                      4) I?m going to a better party later and don?t want to be messed up.
                      5) I?d rather shove an M-80 up my rear than have a drink
                      6) If I drink, it will make you look better?

Ok, I would just go with 1 or 2 unless you are a total rectal hole like me!

In all seriousness, really do think it through ? don?t live for the moment. Consider the before, during, and after of your decision. I am sure you will make an intelligent one. And if you don?t, it?s not the end of the world. Everyone slips and you?ve proven that you have the will and stamina to go 13 days! That really says something!

Take Care!
                      ItsJustMe

Comment

Tough Evening

"A" drink to be social.

I dont' know about you but I gave this a lot of thought one day and realized that in over 30 years of drinking, I can't recall a single day when I had "a" drink as in one. Even if I went through AGONY to only have one is that's all I could get away with at an "event" there was ALWAYS more later. Much more. That's why I had to stop the madness. For me, there IS no "just one" and there never has been.

If we were capable of "a" drink we probably wouldn't be here. I'm pretty sure i wouldn't be. I can't control what happens once I start.

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Tough Evening

Jodie, Check in when you get back hon x
                          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Tough Evening

Thanks everyone, im home now alcohol free
                            I drove and did all the polite hellos, limo left and i stayed 20 mins and left. wooo hooo i did it xx

Comment

Tough Evening

YOU BEAUTY!!!!!!
                              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X