Why am I so darn tired???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not had a drink in a week...I try to remember to take my supplements...and all I want to do is lay around or nap.
    Any suggestions???
    My enery level is ZERO......I HATE THIS
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

taking any meds that could be the cause MB???
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

hey John...
      anti depressants and klonopin as needed for anxiety...trying to stay away from that...that's it

Comment

You are not taking the AD. I can see avoiding the Klonopin if you don't need it. The AD's need to be taken on a regular basis to be effective. Perhaps I'm not understanding. John
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

:wd::yay: Hi Mama Bear,

Congratulations on the week AF!!!! Re: feeling tired: try 1 tsp. of powdered L-Glutamine 3 times per day. Helps with the energy level!

Comment

Hi MamaB I am no expert but I can tell you what works for me. I find the more lethargic I am the less energy I have. I know that sounds daft but when I exercise, swim or walk I end up tired but a nice tired if you get my drift and the next day I have more energy. Sometimes its hard to get out of a rut I know but maybe force yourself to go for a short walk or a swim if you can and see how it goes. Also regular sleeping hours and patterns are important. Try to get 7 hours and get to bed at around the same time. Eating healthy is important too. Good luck with it.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Looks like you got some solid advice MB. I do hope you feel better soon! John xxx

Comment

mama bear;949193 wrote: I have not had a drink in a week...I try to remember to take my supplements...and all I want to do is lay around or nap.
                Any suggestions???
                My enery level is ZERO......I HATE THIS
                Me too... Of course getting up 5:15 isn't helping...
                Coco

Comment

My energy level was very low in the early stages of giving up booze, nicotine etc. I think ityts my bodys way of repairing. Look after yourself with supps, plenty of rest. Go with the naps if you can a and lots of water.
                  It gets better MB
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

MB, I know you've struggled with lots lately. SUCH good advice you've been given above, but stress, and AL, are tremendous theives of energy. I have days like that, but there's usually some underlying reason. Take a real look at everything that's going on with you (and in you) right now, and get rid of anything you can that's causing the stress. And the longer without AL, the better you'll feel physically. It's all a matter of getting our mind AND body in sync again. :hug:
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

thanks you sweet peeps!!!!
                      KTAB...I was having a pity party and I got off my ass and went and cut the grass and bagged it and blew the drive....
                      thanks for all the advice....I need to do better with my All in One and Sheri, I have Seven Weeks to Sobriety...I need to read it again...
                      and STRESS......OMG...it's off the charts right now...hubby's unemployment is killing us....but we will survive
                      thanks for all the kind words friends!!

Comment

Hi MB, I don't have any other words of wisdom to add, as it's all been covered brilliantly by everyone else. I have found too that my energy levels aren't what I expected at all, and want to sleep a lot. And then sleep some more. Do you meditate? Not necessarily as a religious thing, just for quieting the mind? I downloaded some free guided meditations from the Deepak Chopra website and they do help coping with stress - and they're short too. Just a thought. Hope you're feeling better soon, and congrats on the AF Week!!
                        Big hugs :l:l:l
                        AF since 13th July 2010
                        NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

thanks neart....i'll try it!!! the MWO cd's are good!!!!

Comment

Awww Mama. Im sorry your not feeling so well. Are you getting enough rest? Perhaps its because of stress, but gee, how do you turn stress off??

Well, just remember your broke sister is in the same boat. Broke as a field mouse broke!! Oh well, God will provide!!

Love you and hope you feel more rested soon!!!
                            I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Mama...I had no energy my first month. I'm in the middle of month two and am finding that I do have more energy now. I haven't tried any of the vitamins from the MWO store but I'm thinking about it after reading Sheri's post. I rested a lot last month. I figured being lazy was just fine as long as I was being sober while doing it!
                              Tomorrow's another day.

Comment

Working...
                              X