Army Thread 3rd september

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not selfish Spuds, we need to guard our sobriety carefully and that means making decisions that, while they might not be popular, are paramount to our success. If that means avoiding pubs and people who are drunk then it has to be done, including not sitting up talking s**t half the night with a drunk, no matter who that is. Just my 2p worth.
    Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Rightio I'm going to have to love yous and leave yous.
      I'll prolly be back via PB, bypassing google, with a quick stop at bing.
      Laters my lovelies.:l
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

KTAB;950482 wrote: Do it Mario, you walk right around the middle of Bray head and you can see Brunnels original track below and get to see seals, cormorants etc, including the Welsh mountains on a clear day. Here is a link but pictures arent great
        Dublin & Wicklow Walks ? Blog Archive ? Bray Cliff Walk
        Thanks ktab its now on a todo list

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Recommend go south direction because there are lots of lovely coffee shops and restaurants where you can relax and get your breath back and before hopping on a dart back to bray.

Comment

Its no wonder the boards are deserted this morning with this poxy photobucket link redirection going on. Only a few of us addicts left battling out with the internet monster demon thingy. Tis enough to drive a man to drink......an extra large strong black coffee. I am off till sanity returns to the place.

Comment

morning army...
              Spuddle love....dont know if it matters, but Papa Bear quit the pub, he was going every day, becase he realized that I drank when he wasn't here....my logic was "if you can drink , so can I"...
              it took a while but he finallly got it.....now I HAVE to be good or I feel so guilty....
              love you duckie
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

hi all

Comment

Good Bear Bad Bear

Mr. Coco has also decided it is his turn to drink since I have stopped. Where he used to barely touch a drink - he'd have one or two, tops, and very infrequently - he has now taken to having 5 or 6 drinks every evening. (???)

And of course I can't say a word - having made him put up with it for years and years...
                  Coco

Comment

Oh and GOOD MORNING, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!
                    Coco

Comment

hi coco

Re partners drinking my partner used to drink 2/3 cans every night, after supporting me in my battle she now barely drinks at all, not even once a week.so i am lucky that way,i think it was called the ribble effect.

Comment

Hi Mario!
                        Coco

Comment

evening army i'm pulling my head out of my own arse today with shame as i spewed forth such emotional crap last night.
                          such is it that deep felt feelings come out at these times & i just go off on a widdle "episode"....not that it was imagined you all understand but my sincere apologies for not possibly making much sense. ah the dramas.
                          my day is ending, yours is just beginning.
                          i must try to be more consistent here as it is THE most amazing metwork of support.....
                          better than having a telepathy convo wif me dog....

Comment

hi beagle sure dont we all talk crap when were drinking, i could write a book :-) and coming here is better than talking to your dog, hope i am not barking up the wrong tree here

Comment

haha mario you are right! but if you bark up the wrong tree, just don't piss on it beforehand.
                              i hate talking crap.
                              made a career out of it & really don't want to be known for it. specially when ....well you get my drift.
                              wot you up to for weekend ahead?

Comment

nothing much football on tv soon also all Ireland hurling on tv sunday, just chilling out now,i think i did enough this week so i deserve a rest says i

Comment

Working...
                                X