LATEST DILEMA- RELATIONSHIPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok- So here is my latest issue, I'm feeling kinda lonely!
    I mean I have my husband to talk with, which is great, but I miss those relationships I've built over the years with my girlfriends!
    The big problem is even though they say their behind me on this, their actions show me something different. Now I Know we were all Party buddies for years, and it does feel kinda odd to hang out & not drink together(I don't know who feels more uncomfortable-me,or them?)
    I just feel like if I'm going to change this area in my life(ADDICTION)- It's like starting from scratch!
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated......

Faith, don't change anything, change everything. If they are true friends, they're with you, no matter what. Don't make an issue of WHAT you drink. Just enjoy the company. If it's not there sober, it never was.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

That's just it Ruby... I don't think I enjoy their company anymore(they seem a bit shallow, God maybe I'm that shallow, or was?).

Comment

What a very wise post Ruby.

Faith, you may find that the discomfort is only initial as it's a new and different thing - but if it continues then I guess it's time to find a new circle of friends. Could you not try doing things with them that are sort of anti-drinking? Like doing some kind of sport together or visiting a theme park, going for coffee and cake - or something which is neutral like going shopping or going to the cinema or theatre?
        Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Faith I don't know about you, but I can tend to project what people may be thinking about me not drinking that can give me the impression that I'm the one that's uncomfortable. It may be that none of you are actually really uncomfortable with it at all! It's just your own projections!!

But Ruby is bang on the mark with the other stuff!!

Many Blessings
          Phil
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Working...
          X