A month to the date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A month to the date

Well folks i made it to 1 month AF, pissed of today, i "babysat" my father last night, the "annual ritual". My mother goes to Lourdes every year and i have to stay in his house as he wont sleep in the house alone.Not for me to say but he is an alcoholic has been for years. I worked 8-9 yesterday and came to his house to find him passed out on the sofa.When he woke he kept going on at me to have a drink with him,and to be honest i was going to to shut him up.

But the mundane ramblings of him was enough to put me off. It may not be much to anyone but for me not to join him in a drink was a HUGE hurdle for me.

I have decided to stay in my own home tonight and i have told him, ill cook him dinner but im to new to be around that insane behavior, God knows i am my fathers daughter.

A month to the date

Jodiex i was thinking of you this morning,wondering how you were getting on so i am delighted for you that you have achieved 1 month alcohol free,good move on not being with your father if he is drinking and well done for getting over that hurdle. :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

A month to the date

Wow well done Jodiex, one month AF thats a fantastic achievement!! Sorry to hear about your Dad but well done you for not drinking with him x

Comment

A month to the date

Hi Mario.

Thanks...Haven' t been able to post, my internet went i had to get a new connection,felt like i lost an arm without it

Comment

A month to the date

thanks hdb, its been to easy and thats the worry

Comment

A month to the date

Jodi thats brilliant, well done on your month AF. Last nights decision will only strengthen your resolve. Just think how different you would be feeling today had you have succumed to his pestering you to drink. Keep going you are doing great.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

A month to the date

Good to hear its been easy, what is your goal if you don't mind me asking .. to abstain or moderate? Mine is to moderate, i have done the AF as recommened in the book with the vits and supps but am back for a second time as I fell flat on my face again! well I fell flat on my face ages ago!

Comment

A month to the date

Mario
                I never told u that i saw the councilor in Coolock,i have had 3 sessions in group therapy and all going well, thanks again for the link into there

Comment

A month to the date

hdb.. mine is to abstain,
                  I drink to pass out and sleep, there is no enjoyment in it only depression

Comment

A month to the date

hi ktab how are u

Comment

A month to the date

jodiex;954548 wrote: Mario
                      I never told u that i saw the councilor in Coolock,i have had 3 sessions in group therapy and all going well, thanks again for the link into there
                      deadly jodiex, every little helps.:goodjob:

Comment

A month to the date

Grand thanks Jodi, anyone invite you to the meet up in Dublin next month?
                        Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

A month to the date

Good luck with your journey jodiex your doing great

Comment

A month to the date

ktab someone did and i asked for details,cant remember who,let me know about when and where,be something to look forward too

Comment

A month to the date

oney was going to ask everyone, she likes doing that sort of stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X