Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light a candle for me?

I am in need of support and care, seldom happens to me:
    My mom, 88, has an aneurysm on he aorta, I just found out. On top of serious bone degeneration, she walks with great difficulty, but had a WILL to live until 2 weeks ago.

My favourite cousin, played a huge role in my growing years, has breast cancer, and all her hair fell out after 1st chemo.

My brother, 12 years my senior is doing a great job drinking himself to death. More than 1 litre of Brandy a day. My mom can not bury her child! What do I do?

And then, it feels as if nobody gives a damn?

Today, I just feel as if I can't carry it all...

And, my "H"? Well, let us put it nicely and just say that I am alone, with more 'tasks' piling up.

Thanks for listening xxx

Light a candle for me?

Solitaire,

I will light a candle for you. You have so much on your plate, I will be praying for you and your family.
    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Sol - Of course I will light a candle for your family :l
      It looks like you have to be the strong one here and you will find the strength from somewhere but definately not in a bottle. Sending you much love...
      "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
      AF - JAN 1st 2010
      NF - May 1996

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Solitaire, sorry to hear that all these difficult situations are happening in your life right now.
        Can your mother's aneurysm be corrected by surgery? If so, then maybe she would find hope again and also find her will to live. I know that general anesthetic is hard on someone of her age but I would think it better that knowing you have an aneurysm that could burst.
        My best friend had breast cancer five years ago. She also had chemo and all her hair fell out. She hated that part more than anything but she had a lovely wig made and wore that til her hair grew back in. Which it did, thicker than before and surprisingly a little wavy as opposed to the straight hair she'd always had. There is light at the end of that tunnel, it just may be a while before you get far enough into it to see it.
        As for your brother, any chance of talking him into rehab? Or at least getting him to talk to a professional who has knowledge of addictions. Perhaps it's not too late for him to turn this around.
        I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you to go through this alone. My thoughts are with you.
        Stirly
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Solitaire, I lit a candle and offered up a prayer for you and yours.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Light a candle for me?

lonely

Solitaire;955267 wrote: I am in need of support and care, seldom happens to me:
            My mom, 88, has an aneurysm on he aorta, I just found out. On top of serious bone degeneration, she walks with great difficulty, but had a WILL to live until 2 weeks ago.

My favourite cousin, played a huge role in my growing years, has breast cancer, and all her hair fell out after 1st chemo.

My brother, 12 years my senior is doing a great job drinking himself to death. More than 1 litre of Brandy a day. My mom can not bury her child! What do I do?

And then, it feels as if nobody gives a damn?

Today, I just feel as if I can't carry it all...

And, my "H"? Well, let us put it nicely and just say that I am alone, with more 'tasks' piling up.

Thanks for listening xxx
            hi solitaire,your mom has lived many years,there is a positive sometimes in the end,nomore suffering after life,cancer is not nice,my sister and brother in the last 3 years went thro it,as far as your bro,he has to see it,the burden of being a care giver ,only you can take the responsibilty ,sometimes you have to do for you and be greedy,i no it doesnt sound nice but you are the most important thing in this life,i wish you well,when they see you not doinit all,maybe theyll get it,:goodjob::thanks:bgyco

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Hugs and candles for you. :l
              Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
              That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
              Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
              Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Virtually Lit with a prayer
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Sending love and prayers to you, Sol. :l :h
                  ​​Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind ~ Bob Marley ~ Redemption Song

AUGUST 9, 2009

Comment

Light a candle for me?

i want to light a candle but dont know how
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Light a candle for me?

I have a candle sitting right beside my monitor for this type of thing.

I have lit it and said a prayer for you and your family. I am sending you tons of strength.

I am going through similar things (my dad is dying from cancer, friend passed in april from cancer, etc) and I know all too well how lonely things can be!

Lots of love and hugs to you!

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Ok, update:
                        Mom is being admitted to hospital tomorrow. Thank you for all wishes and love! Much appreciated! xxx

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Solitaire my thoughts are with you and your family

Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Sol please take care of you too. Wishing the best for your Mother. I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Sid

Comment

Light a candle for me?

Hi Sol. I am lighting a beeswax candle right now...they emit negative ions which are clearing and positive. I send this to you with love and prayer!:l

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                              X