Lost a friend to AL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a friend to AL

I have just received a call that a friend of mine has died, she had a large operation for a tumor on her colon and never recovered. 18 months ago she was diagnosed with severe Liver damage which was AL enduced, sadly this did not give her the wake up call that was needed, she took herself and her daughter to Spain to live and carried on drinking. The very very sad thing she has left behind a daughter who has Down Syndrome. My heart goes out to her family, she has also left a son who lives over here with his father and who has big problems with drugs and al at only 26, hopefully her death will give this young man the wake up call needed I know it has me
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Lost a friend to AL

I'm very sorry to hear that Panno. Geez, i suspect she died far too young too. I hope the family will be okay, and i hope you're okay there. G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

panno thats awful. a BIG reminder to us all what AL can do.
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

hi pan,sorry to here of your friend,addiction is an offel fate,it always makes me wonder if everything from conception is inherited,i had a good friend last year passaway from the same,he fot it,till the end,if there was ever a normal person he was it,never over did in his life gyco

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Hi Panno, I am sorry for your loss. A stark reminder what is ahead for some of us unless we stop the madness.
          Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Sweet Panno-I am so sorry for the unnecessary loss of your friend. Sending strength to you and will keep her children in my prayers.
            Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Sorry for your loss. I knew of someone some years ago who developed a similar cancer and because his liver had been so taxed by his years of heavy drinking did not have a living prognosis. So yes his early death, although officially the cancer was definitely due to AL.

A lesson to us all.

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Panno - I am so sorry for your loss.

Angel
                Courage is not the absence of fear, it's acting in spite of it.

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Panno! So sorry for this loss. My thoughts and prayers are with this special girl, hope she will be taken care of! And the son... Well, Like it was said, maybe she paid with her life to give him the shake-up wake-up he needs at 26... Your virtual family is right here behind you... xxxx

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend and the pain you must feel for those affected by it. AL doesn't just take from the one having the relationship with it, it takes from everyone.
                    sigpic
                    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Panno I am so sorry to read about the loss of your friend. AL is a killer. Very sad. Sympathies to her family and friends, and especially her children.

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Thanks for all your kind messages :l
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

((HUGS))

I am sorry for your loss, Panno. xo

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

So sorry Panno - jeez it really brings it home doesn't it?
                            Molly
                            Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                            contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Lost a friend to AL

Thanks Molly it certainly does. This friend is one of 8 of us, all heavy drinkers (well 7, have to say 1 lady is very sensible, so can't brand her with the same brush) - we all started with the wine when our kiddies were little, meet up after school filling in time till dinner and bedtime - 1 glass led to 2 then this led to nights out, parties at the weekends so on so on .........we are now 20 years on with big problems and all in a vicious circle with the booze.. that is some statistic when I just read back 7 out of 8 !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X