Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

there is nicotine behind smoking whats behind alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,
    Can you share how a person become alcoholic and what's the reason behind that.
    thanks for sharing!
    Kota
    If nature gives us lemon, we have a choice: either to cry or make lemonade.

It's an addictive substance like cocaine or heroin.
    Go before that fire there, at the altar of your heart
    That fire of who you really are and be consumed by it fully
    Surrender everything into the fire of that love until you are one with that love. You ARE that love.
    Tilak Pyle Altar of the Heart

Comment

Hi phoe,
      Thanks for coming to my curiosity! Can we say fact like nicotine rather than like heroin or cocaine? Is it cause of sugar content? I am really keen to know the fact.
      You r great!
      Kota

Comment

In my case, alcohol made awkward social situations easier. Meeting girls at parties - I always felt funnier and more charming when slightly sozzled. Maybe I was. The trouble is, I started drinking before any kind of social encounter, then drinking for the hell of it, and then avoiding social encounters just so that I could drink in peace. If it weren't such a miserable existence, I would happily drink myself to death!

Comment

I mean what substance made us urge to alcohol?

Comment

The "high" we get when we drink is reinforcing just as the enjoyment of food, sex, success, etc are reinforced. This is true in most people, however some of us are more vulnerable to this reinforcement and slowly or quickly physically dependent on it with continued use. Our brains change and several neurotransmitters and receptors are modified in this addictive process. When we start drinking we are generally drinking to feel good. But later, when we seem to not be able to quit, we drink because we don't like the discomfort of withdrawal. the various meds available address one or more of the neurologic changes of addiction and craving. Baclofen, for instance, increases the effect of GABA a neurotransmitter, while naltrexone blocks the high of drink so as to make it not reinforced. They can also be used together.
            there is a marvelous book published recently entitled "Rethinking Substance Abuse". It is a fascinating read for those who wish more information on the scientific basis of addiction, substance abuse and treatment.
            Good Luck
            Sunny

Comment

Alcohol it self otherwise called Ethanol. We smoke ciggies because of nicotine, we drink beer or wine because of the alcohol content. The alcohol is the drug.
              This bit from here Alcohol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia makes you think
              'Alcohols can be used as a beverage (ethanol only), as fuel and for many scientific, medical, and industrial utilities. Ethanol in the form of alcoholic beverages has been consumed by humans since pre-historic times. A 50% v/v solution of ethylene glycol in water is commonly used as an antifreeze.

Some alcohols, mainly ethanol and methanol, can be used as an alcohol fuel. Fuel performance can be increased in forced induction internal combustion engines by injecting alcohol into the air intake after the turbocharger or supercharger has pressurized the air. This cools the pressurized air, providing a denser air charge, which allows for more fuel, and therefore more power.

Alcohols have applications in industry and science as reagents or solvents. Because of its low toxicity and ability to dissolve non-polar substances, ethanol can be used as a solvent in medical drugs, perfumes, and vegetable essences such as vanilla. In organic synthesis, alcohols serve as versatile intermediates.

Ethanol can be used as an antiseptic to disinfect the skin before injections are given, often along with iodine. Ethanol-based soaps are becoming common in restaurants and are convenient because they do not require drying due to the volatility of the compound. Alcohol is also used as a preservative for specimens.

Alcohol gels have become common as hand sanitizers.'

Yum Yum
              Suz
              Happy to be sober since 07 Sept 09.

Comment

Here is a good link to read.

Brain Chemistry

Why do some of us become alcoholics and others don't?

They still do not know why.

Cindi
                AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hi stp,av,gsm and cindi,
                  Thank you all for your individual suggestion. I now almost concluded to take bf initially. I am really satisfied with the view of gsm about my curiosity what's behind the alcohol. You suggested to intake bf.as a med. And I also want to be sober rather than moderate so it would be the best isn't it?
                  Cindi, yea I believe reading the book for long term recovery is inevitable so please suggest I am really keen to know how does alcohol play a vital role to deteriorate our memory power and how can we regain it again. to make all of easier to give suggestion I was extraordinary minded before and now lost too much.I am now 38 yrs.
                  Have a good moment ahead
                  Kota

Comment

Working...
                  X