MY HERO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MY HERO

We love you Joe. And WE'LL NEVER FORGET. A piece of me travels in Malibu tomorrow with a beautiful memory of a beautiful person (I have a right to that sentence structure) As long as there's breath in my body you'll be honored my friend

1963 - 2001 Love you Brother.

Emma wanted me to add that I crawled into the bottle after the tower collapsed. I'm doing better Joe, on the mend and here are a bunch of friends that know the sacrifice you made. You went to work on a beautiful day. I'll always remember walking toward the towers.The plane. The noise. The smell. Love you...Hag
    Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

MY HERO

RIP Joe.
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

MY HERO

Nice sentiment, who was he Techie?
      RIP.

Thanks for the explaination. It was a day no one will ever forget, I cant begin to imagine what it must have been like for anyone caught up in the devestating horror of it all.
      Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

MY HERO

So sad Techie.

RIP Joe.

Comment

MY HERO

One of my best friends. He worked for Cantor Fitzgerald as a broker. I was at 32 Avenue of the Americas. A few city blocks away, going to meet him for coffee. The first plane hit. I was half a block away.His office was above the impact. The heat was horrendous even at ground level.
          Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

MY HERO

I'm so sorry Techie:l You can tell just by the photo what a beautiful person Joe was. I can understand why you would feel such a loss. He would be so pleased to see how far you've come and not wasted your life away for nothing. Be sure he will be with you in spirit tomorrow as I and others here will be too. Feel it! RC xox

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

MY HERO

Aww, Techie. I am so sorry for the tragic loss of your good friend and for what you have gone thru in the days since 9/11/01. I will never forget that day and am so grateful to the men & women who have been serving to protect us since then. :l:l
              Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

MY HERO

Techie - what a beautiful way to remember and honor your friend. And, what a devastating and sensless loss. I am so sorry for you and everyone else who lost friends and family on that dreadful day.

RIP Joe....
                John
                AF since 7/13/2010

Comment

MY HERO

Sending you extra strength at this sad time.

Comment

MY HERO

....may we never forget.

So sorry for your loss Techie. May Joe RIP and everybody who lost their lives in 9/11.

I still can't believe it happened. The 9/11 films and documentaries are on tv this weekend, as they are every year and I find myself just watching in complete disbelief still.

We always had the radio on at work and the day after 9/11 the UK had a 3 minute silence, I remember everything went quiet in the office for what felt like an eternity. The song that Radio 1 played to end the silence was REM - Everybody Cries....everybody was crying, and then straight after that came Michael Jackson 'Heal the World'. I was in floods.

I still cry when I hear Heal the World. It will always remind me of that 3 minute silence for 9/11 and my deep sadness for all the innocent lives lost all over the world because of unneccessary, corrupt wars.
                    AF since Sunday 27th June 2010
                    One Day At A Time

Trying to be the best mother, daughter and friend that I can be.

Comment

MY HERO

Thanks Twany & PA. I'm so emotional scrambled this afternoon. I feel prepared for the trathlon, but in some ways I just miss my friend, my friends, my wife, my former life, I'm just not a good loner. I need a good woman. Now I have a good cry. Wish me luck guys I'll do my best tomorrow!!!

Comment

MY HERO

Hey Techie,
                        Beautiful tribute to your friend. I did read your story awhile back and was so overcome with sadness but also hope that you are rising from the ashes of that day. I will be thinking of you tomorrow and I wish you the best of luck competing. Just do your best, no one can ask for anything more. I know you are competing for Joe and he will be cheering you on the whole way. i'm sorry your wife and friends can't be there with you in person and I'm sorry that your former life is gone. We can only hope that this new life is even better for you in ways you can't even imagine or predict.

Be well and be strong my friend!!

:l:h
                        New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

MY HERO

Here's to Joe.....
                          And to you Techie, we are all rooting for you tomorrow so you will definitely NOT be alone my friend :l
                          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                          AF - JAN 1st 2010
                          NF - May 1996

Comment

MY HERO

I love you Joe My heart still bleeds

This event is for you...and 75,000 to the families!

Comment

MY HERO

Best wishes to you Techie. Stay on the path mate. You're doing great.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X