• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 11th Sept 2010

JackieClaire;957232 wrote: ooh hello, Stirls,
    Hey KT

The daughters plane has just landed, she'd better have got me a pressie
    Good to hear she got back safely Jackie. My guys went to Tunisia a few weeks ago. They had a 6-hour stop-over in Constantinople on the way back so they got to take a wee tour of the city. They loved it. Said it was gorgeous and that it is a must-see. BTW, JC, they brought me back two floaty scarves. A pink one and a blue one... And a little jeweled camel and two lovely prints that will go perfectly on the wall in our bedroom. I wuv pressies....inkele:
    For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
    AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

I should rephrase that.
      The daughter's plane has just landed and I hope she had a nice time and brought a little momento back with her...........like a floaty scarf, a knock off Gucci watch, and a handbag

Crap about the theory do da Oney, when I learnt to drive they had a man in front with a white flag.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hiya Stirly!
        Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
        Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Oney :l
          Maybe we could make it fun and practice your Q's here........
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

JackieClaire;957240 wrote: Crap about the theory do da Oney, when I learnt to drive they had a man in front with a white flag.
            And a starting handle on the front of model T Ford?

Bummer Oney, you must do your homework girl.
            Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Thanks guys but I didn't deserve to get it, I didn't read the book, I should have studied.

BUT,

I did learn a lesson, if you want something you have to work for it and it will not be handed to you on a silver platter.

(the 4 peeps that were with me failed too and the woman in a burka who was from God Knows where passed....)
              "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

one2many;957244 wrote: Thanks guys but I didn't deserve to get it, I didn't read the book, I should have studied.

BUT,

I did learn a lesson, if you want something you have to work for it and it will not be handed to you on a silver platter.

(the 4 peeps that were with me failed too and the woman in a burka who was from God Knows where passed....)
                Well, then it wasnt all in vain....
                Great attitude girl :l

Comment

one2many;957234 wrote: Please don't ask Stirly .

I missed it by one.

But it is my own fault, I didn't open the book once, I should have studied it, have learned my lesson. (only consolation was that the 4 people who were with me failed too.)
                  Well for not studying, I think you did bloody well. Amazing, really.

Now, for a bit of encouragement. My sister-in-law is a very nervous person - has you on the edge of your seat after spending five minutes with her. A heart of gold but always stressed about something. I drove a couple of times with her in the car and swore I would never do it again. And both her brothers dislike having her as a passenger. She shrieks at stop signs and doesn't want to go over 60 kilometres an hour even on a 4-lane highway. Anyway, to make a long story less long, at the age of 61 she decided she had to learn to drive so htat she wasn't dependent on others to get take her on her daily rounds. She did it. Written test on second try and driver's test on second try. Mind you she doesn't venture off into the country or anything - just back and forth to a couple of places she needs to go to a few times a week, but she did it. And you can do it too. Don't give up. You're a smart, determined lady and you will pass it the next time. :

Comment

You could be describing me there, Stirls, apart from the age.
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;957246 wrote: Well for not studying, I think you did bloody well. Amazing, really.

Now, for a bit of encouragement. My sister-in-law is a very nervous person - has you on the edge of your seat after spending five minutes with her. A heart of gold but always stressed about something. I drove a couple of times with her in the car and swore I would never do it again. And both her brothers dislike having her as a passenger. She shrieks at stop signs and doesn't want to go over 60 kilometres an hour even on a 4-lane highway. Anyway, to make a long story less long, at the age of 61 she decided she had to learn to drive so htat she wasn't dependent on others to get take her on her daily rounds. She did it. Written test on second try and driver's test on second try. Mind you she doesn't venture off into the country or anything - just back and forth to a couple of places she needs to go to a few times a week, but she did it. And you can do it too. Don't give up. You're a smart, determined lady and you will pass it the next time. :
                      Thank you so much Stirly....:l:l
                      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

startingover;957241 wrote: Hiya Stirly!Hello you perky-tailed, rib-hurting little squirrely, you...

KTAB;957243 wrote: And a starting handle on the front of model T Ford?
                        K- be nice now. JC's younger that I am. So whadda think was the first car I drove? Huh, Huh??!!

startingover;957245 wrote:
                        Well, then it wasnt all in vain....
                        Great attitude girl :l
                        Yep, that's the spirit. Determined to ace it the next time....:boxer:

Comment

stirly-girly;957246 wrote: Well for not studying, I think you did bloody well. Amazing, really.

I love storys of determination and courage like that Stirls

Comment

Rightio my lovelies, she's through customs and popping in to give her Mummy a cuddle.
                            So on the morrow:l
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

one2many;957248 wrote: Thank you so much Stirly....
                              Well I actually had to redo both the written and driving tests some years ago. My license from Canada had expired and I had to get a Greek one. Which meant studying for the written test in Greek and then doing the driving test which was really a lot harder than when I had taken it in Canada some years before. My first license had expired since I no longer lived in Canada and on a trip back home I'd given and passed the test again. But after several years and no trips back to Canada, that one expired as well. In Canada, you take the driving test with your own car. Here in Greece you do it with the car that your driving instructor has. So I booked a few lessons to get familiar with his car and damned if he didn't show up for our lesson the night before the test with a new car. Buttons in different places, etc. etc. I was freaked but managed it. The written test took a lot of studying because there were about 200 new road signs since I'd gotten my first license and I hadn't a clue what half of them meant, plus I had to learn the Greek terms for them. Anyway, that is behind me now. Hope I never have to go through that again. If you want it bad enough, you can do it. :huggy
                              Feck, if you can raise 3 kids, and mind two other girls, put up with that damn parrot (and Wob), give up both AL and the cigs for good, AND chippers for two weeks at a time, sure you can get your bloody license....:H:H

I was only kidding about Wob.... just as I would about Mr. Stirly..:heart:

Comment

stirly-girly;957256 wrote: Well
                                Feck, if you can raise 3 kids, and mind two other girls, put up with that damn parrot (and Wob), give up both AL and the cigs for good, AND chippers for two weeks at a time, sure you can get your bloody license....:H:H

I was only kidding about Wob.... just as I would about Mr. Stirly..:heart:
                                Hear hear!

Comment

Working...
                                X