Clear All

Army thread 12th September

Couldn't find you a saint but will an angel do

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hey Zens,
      Me natural dark brown dye has turned out a more extremely dark brown, but I'm worth it
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Zenstyle;957793 wrote: Spuds... If that isn't the kettle calling the pot black then I don't know what is!

I have a trick I used with my ex husband once. I grabbed a hand mirror and put it behind my back and walked back to where he was ranting and raving and whipped it out and held it up in front of his face. Shut him right up it did. Everything he was saying should really have been directed at himself...
        Just popped in for a quick peek.
        Spuds, sorry you have to put up with that. I think Jackie's advice is good - get yourself off for a good walk to let off steam. But I'd stick the fecking mirror in his face first and then go. The thing is tho' that he would have to be sober enough to realize what he's looking at in the mirror and he might be past that by now. Maybe you should sit down with him tomorrow and talk about how his drinking is affecting you in the same way that your drinking affected him. If you can't talk about it, how about getting your thoughts down on paper and give it to him to read when he's sober and in a mood to consider what's going on now. Any chance of him giving up his two :shocked: bottles of wine while cooking. At least that way you might manage to have a decent Sunday dinner every week. Don't know what else to say really.... :huggy
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Do you know, Zen, I do I think it's knocked about 10 years off, so that'll make me about 10.
          Trouble is it's gonna be high maintainence as honestly underneath all this dye, my hair's white. Old lady white not white blonde.
          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

calmed down now... bin outside wi dogs and gonna do some knitting.... a brief thought of drinking popped in my head ... WHHHAAATTTTT! closely followed by ..... do i really want to behave like that... so the answer was of course no dont be stupid. yep have written down my thoughts..... to be presented at a later sober date... GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
            Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
            Keep passing the open windows

Comment

jackie, try an angelic pink on yer hair..... be sooooo errrrmmmm ... pink

Comment

and yeah.... my light auburn is dark shitty muddy brown... hmph! bring on the bleachy highlites...... followed by quick hair loss

Comment

Spuds, I once had streaks put on top of a perm (circa Kevin Keegan) and when it was finished I used to be able to snap bit of hair off.
                  AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

The Mallen Streak, perhaps
                    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;957799 wrote: Do you know, Zen, I do I think it's knocked about 10 years off, so that'll make me about 10.
                      Trouble is it's gonna be high maintainence as honestly underneath all this dye, my hair's white. Old lady white not white blonde.
                      Got the same problem Jackie. That's why I've gone lighter than my natural colour which is blue-black. Dark red for me. The black and white contrast was just too much to handle... skunk. Not smelly, just not nice to look at.....

Comment

Hi Stirls, meant to say yoooooooo hoooooooooo before.
                        It was on special offer the dye so I'm gonna grab another 3 packets which will see me 'til after Christmas.
                        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

sorry, but back to my sunday dinner. i can so see how things escalated when i was drinking. mr spuds managed to have an argument with himself, with no response from me.. now if i was drinking i would have reacted and all hell would be let loose.... about nothing...... YES I HATE ALCOHOL.GRRRR.... ok thats me ranting done... back to me knitting... very calming

Comment

Rightio I'm orff.
                            Want a picture of this knitting mind, Spuds.
                            So on the morrow my lovelies:l
                            AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Hello ladies, havent had my dinner yet but is ready in about ten mins so quick lurk I thought. Spuds have you considered mr Spuds might resent your sobriety? From what you have told us he doesnt exactly help in your efforts to stay dry. I wonder if the mirror has actually already been turned on him and he doesnt like what he sees but either cant or doesnt want to cut back or stop drinking. Just a thought and I could be well wide of the mark.
                              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

Am off myself to plead with the Sleep Fairy.

Just did a quick read of your post KTabbers. Think you might have nailed it but then I don't know Mr. Spuds at all. You could well be right for others tho'. There have been similar comments now and then from other members. Their partners find it difficult to deal with their sobriety. It was easy for them to to lash out at someone and blame their drinking for various problems and then they had someone stone cold sober who wasn't really to blame for anything.

Am off. Wishing you all

Comment

Working...
                                X