Liver Function Test results just in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An astounding reading of just14 for my gamma GT levels at 5 months sober.

I think the normal reading can be anything up to around 60ish for a woman. No idea what it was like when I was so very ill as it's only been measured a couple of times after firstly 5 days sober, and second after a couple of 2-3 week binges with dry days mixed in.

Anyway I have a feeling 14 is pretty amazing so I think I might just keep it that way.

Its a great feeling UKblonde isnt it!

Mine was just over normal last year and is now back to fully healthy, its not just our livers though, all our internal organs must be so much healthier now.
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

That is so awesome, UKB; good on you! And your brain's thanking you, too.
      AF since July 15, 2010. :applouse:
      "People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim." —Ann Landers

Comment

Cracking, Uk,
        I got mine back in June and the doctor said my liver was so healthy it could be used in a transplant. Nice to know, but I'm not planning on donating it any time soon.
        J x
        :l
        It could be worse, I could be filing.
        AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Can you just ask the doctor for a liver function test??
          "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
          NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Yes you can, obviously they might want to know why, and if you did it all the time they might not be too impressed.

But yes. I just asked the GP straight out, and since she knows my history she said "of course".

Comment

Well done UKB 14 for ggt is really good keep up the good work!!:goodjob:

Comment

14 Sounds like the magic number! God our bodies are so amazing! Given the chance they can really make up for a lot of our sins. I have not had a liver function test yet, but I have noticed the return of the moons on my finger nails.

Congratulations!
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

What do the moons on our fingernails have to do with it please?

Sun xx
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

I've read it more than once, that one of the signs that your organs are struggling to process the amount of alcohol your are drinking is that the "moons" that are normally at the top of your nails will disappear. I have to say after 30 days or so AF I did notice the moons returning. Now at 4 months AF all my fingers have sort of crescent moons on al my nails.
                    While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks not tonight - I have the half moons - whew!!! LOL

Love, Sun xx
                      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Ukblonde;958384 wrote: Yes you can, obviously they might want to know why, and if you did it all the time they might not be too impressed.

But yes. I just asked the GP straight out, and since she knows my history she said "of course".
                        I have never had one done, would just like to see if I did any damage when I was drinking....thanks UK x
                        "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

thats fantastic. you must be so pleased .... the latest results.... ukblonde 10 / AL 0...... WHEHEY!!
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Spuds - you are doing well - over a month now - go you!!

Hugs to you, Sun xx

Comment

Oh, that's great UkBlonde - although admittedly you could have written down any number as I don't know what they're supposed to be :H but I will take your word for it - I was actually thinking of getting one done next time I'm at the docs myself. You must be very proud of yourself today, of all the hard work you have done and the changes you have made in your life :goodjob:
                              AF since 13th July 2010
                              NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

Working...
                              X