Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psychological effects of withdrawals.

Hi gang!

I drank on Saturday. Well I don't think I've slipped as I prepared myself for drinking.
    Did not do anything stupid except I wanted to buy a ticket to Melbourne 4am in the morning. Thank God my bank was going through the maintenance at that time and my card was declined! They probably wouldn't allow me on the plane.

Anyway even after 3 months sober I still woke up very very panicky/anxious on Sunday morning. No signs of physical withdrawals though.

I really thought I was going insane and my brain will fry any second. Terrible, terrible feeling.I really don't understand why my body reacts like that. Normally when I withdrawal I go through panic attacks and other fun stuff, but on sat I only drank 1 night after 3 months sober.

So I tapered as I was really worried I will lose it completely this time. I drank about 10 beers during the day(14 hours). It did not stop withdrawals completely, but it made it manageable.

Today I woke up nice and fresh. I even when for a run in the morning. Well my point here is that if you can tapper do it. No point suffering so much. Now knowing myself I will stay 3 months AF and then 1 day of insanity again.
    I don't know I kind of need this reset switch somehow. I think I have to remind myself how much I hate hangovers. This is just plain stupid.

All the best,

Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Sorry I missed this Netty.

network;958336 wrote:

. No point suffering so much. Now knowing myself I will stay 3 months AF and then 1 day of insanity again.
    I don't know I kind of need this reset switch somehow. I think I have to remind myself how much I hate hangovers. This is just plain stupid.

All the best,

Netty
    It seems to me like you are already setting yourself up for a fall...KNOWING that you will do 3 months AF and then drink again. If that thought it always in your head then it makes it twice as likely that you will fail.
    You KNOW you can do it because you have been doing it but you need to change your mindset and your arsenel of tools.
    Instead of KNOWING you are going to fail...KNOW that you are not going to fail.
    WANT it with all your heart, GIVE it everything you have and DON'T just fall at the first hurdle. Come on here and talk, read the toolbox thread, go to chat, pm one of us...this place has saved my ass on many an occasion and is still a wonderful support to me in my everyday life with all it's up's and downs.
    Feel free to pm me if you need a pal and make a decision to make a real go of this....use all the tools available to you.
    You KNOW you cannot drink, you KNOW the hangovers are Horrendous....write ALL THIS DOWN and put it somewhere safe......take it out and read it the next time you feel like drinking.

You can do it Netty, we are here to help you but you must be serious and you must put the work in.

You on for it???
    "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
    NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Hi Oney!

You've read my post in "Why am I a thread killer" thread? Haha!! You are the best :l
      Thanks for answering.

Oney I am very serious. I wouldn't be here if I wasn't. I used to drink 4/5 times a week before.I am doing my best. I can assure you. I quit smoking, I run every day.

Also I do not post much, but I am here everyday reading

Netty
      We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Hangovers

Even a mild a hangover has a withdrawal component. I don't know you exact circumstances, but maybe a previous withdrawal or more than one, the kindling affect has started. Sometimes I wake up feeling the same after a few beers, and I've had quite a few small with drawals treated only with that breakfast beer.

Comment

Working...
        X