what the heck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what the heck

What the heck? im sitting in my pyjamas trying to kill this day, its 20 mins before the off licence closes.
    I have thought so much today about having a drink,its taken so much of my mind space,i had a shower got into pjs and refused to go out.
    I never had these thoughts before i tried to stay AF free,i just dont understand whats going on.
    I actually avoided posting here today because in the back of my mind i was going to drink. Thank God i read K9 posts. I live to see another day AF

what the heck

Hi jodiex,
    I was battling with thoughts of drinking last week but luckily I feel alot more relaxed now. I think that I have to accept that I will have days when I just crave AL. I think it's more to do with battling with boredom or stress. It's going to take me years to shake off my bad habits I guess. But I too am glad to see another day AF.
    Be strong-
    We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
    Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

what the heck

Hi Jodie!
      I am so proud of you for being strong. I hope that my mistakes will strengthen others...something useful should come out of it! If you're still unsure, then let me tell you how I feel right now: shaky, tired, disconnected and slightly nauseated (and yes, I'm at work...3 hours to go!!). My hangover is just now kicking in because I was slightly still inebriated this morning when I thought "Hey I don't feel that bad!"
      Just sit back and enjoy the feeling of being freshly showered, in comfortable PJ's and above all, being sober! I can't wait to get to where YOU are right now (later tonight).
      I'll be thinking of you!
      K9
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

what the heck

Well done Jody for not caving in I've been there so many times and often lost the battle. No doubt after only 18 days af those thoughts will cross my mind and torment me but i'll have to be prepared. No strong cravings so far.

Comment

what the heck

Well done Jodie, and yes, I have discovered there are times when the cravings hit and nothing seems to make any difference, it feels overpowering. The fact remains it's not overpowering, you have proven that tonight. Go to bed, read K9's post first, she is so right, you're in the RIGHT place and you will feel brilliant tomorrow and guaranteed the cravings will be gone. A new fresh sober day........priceless!
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

what the heck

Hi Jodie, how are ya doing? K9 is so right - enjoy those pj's and feeling cosy and warm and sober and safe and maybe snuggle up with a cuppa and a nice film - something nice for yourself x
            AF since 13th July 2010
            NF since 5th July 2010

Comment

what the heck

Sorry Neart and Firefox, crosspost. How did the course hunting go FF?
              Molly

Comment

what the heck

jodiex - this too shall pass. YOu will be o grateful in the morning that you didn't drink. It's not that you were tempted, we all are, but how you deal with the temptation.
                While we may not be able to control all that happens to us, we can control what happens inside us.
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

what the heck

Oh yes! You will definitely be grateful in the morning that you didnt drink!
                  Be strong-
                  We define ourselves by the best that is in us, not the worse that has been done to us.
                  Be constructive. Clear the word of CAN'T

Comment

what the heck

Jodie - you are probably in bed by now and you will be so pleased in the morning that you got through this, please make sure you DO come here next time you are struggling and get reminded as K9 has done of why it's not a good idea. :l
                    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
                    AF - JAN 1st 2010
                    NF - May 1996

Comment

what the heck

Thanks to all for your replies
                      I got myself in the state of mind on Monday that everyone would frown upon me if i "fessed" up to the way i was struggling with my mind. Now THAT'S alcoholic thinking!
                      Made it through Monday and worked 8-8 yesterday.I'm ok today and minding my grandson since 9am till 3pm today.Got work till 8-8 tomorrow and Friday so im focused at the moment.
                      I will never torment myself again for hours with "stinking thinking"i will definitely post here.
                      Have a good day everyone

Comment

what the heck

Good on you Jodie only spotted this thread now straight here next craving that's the trick!

Comment

what the heck

bravo Jodie...you inspire me and I will remember when I get antsy and anxious and want that darn= beer!!
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

what the heck

Well done jodie for not drinking, but you have to have some plan in place for the next time this happens, and it will happen again,we are always just one drop away from opening floodgates of alcohol back into our lives, get your plan jodie its well worth it .:-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

what the heck

Well done Jodie! Just keep going one day at a time and treasure each sober moment of your life.

DG
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X